Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Actually, that's a good idea. Let's go with Improved Sunder instead of Weapon Focus, if that's ok with everyone else. After all, Wilbur is supposed to be all about eating things.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
How about we split the skill points between Search and Appraise? Unfortunately, he's got the Int penalty to both.

CR: He's an odd one, considering that he's got a pretty good AC and defensive capabilities without being much of a direct offensive threat. He's a lot like a rust monster, actually, as he's good at destroying things. Maybe CR 4-5? I think it'd be tough for a party lower than that to hit him w/o using a lot of aid another actions.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
Well if YOU ;) want to include advancement that looks good. :)

D'oh! I had it backwards. :eek:

No, I don't really want advancement.

We can tweak the iron golem's construction...

Construction
An iron golem’s body is sculpted from 5,000 pounds of pure iron, smelted with rare tinctures and admixtures costing at least 10,000 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 20 Craft (armorsmithing) check or a DC 20 Craft (weaponsmithing) check.

CL 16th; Craft Construct, cloudkill, geas/quest, limited wish, caster must be at least 16th level; Price 150,000 gp; Cost 80,000 gp + 5,600 XP.

Wilbur originally weighed 833 pounds, so that gives us our x pounds of pure iron.

Maybe add shrink item and secret chest to the prereqs, and drop cloudkill?

Drop craft DCs to 15?

Drop price to 50,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases