• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Cleon

Legend
4th and 5th level NPCs get 3300gp and 4300gp respectively. So masterwork spear, +1 breastplate, masterwork +3 mighty composite longbow (total cost 2200 gp) is well within reach.

It comes to a tad more than 2200 gp though...

Masterwork spear 301 gp
Masterwork composite longbow 700 gp
+1 breastplate 1350 gp
Total 2351 gp

We'd want to use the 5th level 4300 gp wouldn't we, since they've got a +1 CR adjustment.

That leaves 1949 gp. How about a +1 cloak of resistance and a few potions or oils, such as oil of magic weapon, potions of cure light wound, shield of faith, or enlarge person.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Did I forget to add the masterwork cost to the breastplate? Oops.

Yes, the cloak and potions work for me.

freyar

Sure, that looks good to me.

Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot, Weapon Specialization, Combat Reflexes, Power Attack?

Put Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec on the spear, as it's the "typical amazon weapon"?

Cleon

Legend
Sure, that looks good to me.

Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot, Weapon Specialization, Combat Reflexes, Power Attack?

Put Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec on the spear, as it's the "typical amazon weapon"?

I'd much rather give her Rapid Shot than Precise Shot. The latter's only useful when she's shooting at an enemy engaged with one of her sisters, while Rapid Shot is more generally applicable.

freyar

They do fight in mercenary groups, right? Might be useful more than you'd think. But I won't push it if you care that much. ;)

Cleon

Legend
They do fight in mercenary groups, right? Might be useful more than you'd think. But I won't push it if you care that much. ;)

Yes, but how often will she not have other options (like shooting someone who isn't toe-to-toe with an ally, or switching to her spear and meleeing)?

If she had another feat to spare, or she was an "Archer Amazon" with WF (bow) rather than a "Spear Amazon" with WF (spear) I'd be fine with Precise Shot, but as it is I prefer Rapid Shot.

Cleon

Legend
Want to use something for the spear instead? Can't she use PBS and Point Blank with the spear, too?

PBS and Point Blank. Isn't that tautological?

Point Blank Shot works for a thrown spear, yes.

I'd also fancy swapping Far Shot for something else, since I see her as mostly a melee fighter. Any preferences?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads