• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Cleon

Legend
I thought Shade and I liked them to be yugolothy construct cacaodaemons -- presumably N -- used to corrupt non-evil casters. Didn't we?

If they've got the Yugoloth subtype they really should be Evil too, Construct or not, and I don't much like that idea.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
On the other hand, they are "demon-like," which sounds evil.

Hrmph. Maybe they should be cacoa-slaad and CN? We need something to make them vaguely interesting.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I thought Shade and I liked them to be yugolothy construct cacaodaemons -- presumably N -- used to corrupt non-evil casters. Didn't we?

Yes!

If they've got the Yugoloth subtype they really should be Evil too, Construct or not, and I don't much like that idea.

You give us this one, and I'll let you make the nay-churr do whatever horrible extra damage you want those on the interior to take.

Besides, there's precedent here.

Cleon

Legend
Yes!

You give us this one, and I'll let you make the nay-churr do whatever horrible extra damage you want those on the interior to take.

Besides, there's precedent here.

So, just to be clear, are you suggesting something like:
Cocoadaemon
Tiny Construct (Extraplanar, Yugoloth)
Alignment: Always neutral

According to myth, these creatures were created by a yugoloth lord to tempt non-evil casters with their chocolatey deliciousness...
If so, giving them the Yugoloth subtype seems kind of pointless, but if you're both so keen on it I suppose I could meet you halfway.
...a solar then developed the chococherub, a construct with identical statistics to a cocoadaemon except it has the Angel subtype. If a spellcaster summons both a chococherub and a cocoadaemon, the two constructs will take every opportunity to insult the other and persuade the caster towards their ethical point of view, usually while sitting on the caster's shoulders.
What say you?

Shade

Monster Junkie
So, just to be clear, are you suggesting something like:
Cocoadaemon
Tiny Construct (Extraplanar, Yugoloth)
Alignment: Always neutral

According to myth, these creatures were created by a yugoloth lord to tempt non-evil casters with their chocolatey deliciousness...
If so, giving them the Yugoloth subtype seems kind of pointless, but if you're both so keen on it I suppose I could meet you halfway.
...a solar then developed the chococherub, a construct with identical statistics to a cocoadaemon except it has the Angel subtype. If a spellcaster summons both a chococherub and a cocoadaemon, the two constructs will take every opportunity to insult the other and persuade the caster towards their ethical point of view, usually while sitting on the caster's shoulders.
What say you?

If we're going to suggest a "chococherub", then let's just make the cocoadaemon neutral evil (since good casters have something they can summon).

Cleon

Legend
If we're going to suggest a "chococherub", then let's just make the cocoadaemon neutral evil (since good casters have something they can summon).

I suppose that's alright, although it makes me think we should introduce a true neutral version...

...the cocohomonculi?

Cleon

Legend
Hmm, I like chocodeva better than chococherub. ;)

We can swap a couple special abilities around, too.

I quite like the alliteration of chococherub, but if you prefer devas we can call them chocodevas and mention they're also called chococherubs in the flavour text.

So, are chocodevas milk chocolate with real cane sugar and cocoadaemon dark chocolate with high-fructose corn syrup? :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads