Cleon

Legend
Of those, I prefer contingency. So
6th -- antimagic field, contingency, control water
works for me.

Works for me too.

Then how about something like this?
7th -- banishment, greater shadow conjuration

Don't care for banishment but greater shadow conjuration is good.

For "knock out of combat" applications, don't forcecage or symbol of stunning have more general functionality?

Also, these are revered elder statesmen among the Slaiyith so how about a divination spell to bolster their sagacity?

So either greater scrying or vision.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So
7th -- greater shadow conjuration, vision
?
Works for me.

Feats: want to go with a metamagic spell or two? I guess that would mean shifting our spell selection a bit!

Cleon

Legend
So
7th -- greater shadow conjuration, vision
?
Works for me.

Feats: want to go with a metamagic spell or two? I guess that would mean shifting our spell selection a bit!

Why would we need to shift the spell selection for Metamagic feats? Sorcerers cast them spontaneously. Of the standard Metamagic, I don't find them very tempting but I'll listen to counterarguments.

I was thinking more of giving it Spell Focus (illusion) since most of the non-enchantment spells with DCs are Illusion spells.

After that, Greater Spell Focus in either enchantment or both enchantment and illusion is VERY tempting.

Perhaps Spell Penetration and possibly its Greater version if we have any feats to spare? This elder slaiyith's caster level is a bit low for the Challenge Rating so it might have difficulty piercing CR-appropriate spell resistance.

Cleon

Legend
Come to think of it, how about limited wish instead of vision for the 7th-level spells known?

Being a monster there's not much need to worry about the XP cost.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads