• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Nightbane to D20 Modern

slingbld

Explorer
TheSavageBard said:
It's been a week how is this coming?

Er, slow.
Real life always gets in the way. Espscially when you have a newborn in the house.

But I've decided not to go straight conversion but rather I'm working on creating a new "Race" for D20/ D20M based of several sources. Including Nightbane by Palladium Books & "Cabal" the novel by Clive Barker & his subsiquent movie, "Nightbreed" that I feel heavily influenced Nightbane. I'm also dipping a little into White Wolf's World of Darkness, but not too much.

I'm hoping the finished product will maintain the flavor of Nightbane/ Cabal without being a close enough match to cause the Palladium Bloodhounds to froth in my direction :).

As for progress? 20% complete :(
I've got an outline & some details roughed out. Now I'm working on more of those details while trying to avoid any blatant Palladium-isms that might get me in trouble.

Thanks for asking though!!! :D

Friendly suggestion:

Hold this conversation in public. Palladium doesn't mind people distributing conversions between buddies, but they send C&Cs against people who use Internet distribution or advertise that they have conversions "for anyone who wants them." And by all that is holy, don't host it on your website or the plague of locusts shall come for you!!! ;)

They're very nice when it comes to purely fan-based materials, but they are incredibly strict about conversions to and from other systems, even when it's not actionable by the other party (such as would be the case were you to convert to d20 following the OGL.)

slingbld

Explorer
I;m hitting road blocks in this :)
But as I mentioned I'm not realy doing a conversion as much as basing a new race loosely on Palladium's Nightbane & Clive Barker's Books (primarilky "Cabal" which was made into a movie called "Nightbreed")
I'm usung that movie's title as my name for the race.
It would be a bit hard to rosecute me for that me thinks.
Especially when the race I'm making is not too similar to the Nightbane as presented by Palladium Books....

Or I hope :confused: :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads