Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishnath

First Post
Well, wasn't the tabaxi supposed to have been in the MM2? together with the Dune Horrors? It might still happen...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
was it? if it was, they pulled it... who knows, we'll see.

i'll have a good look at what we've got going so far and post some thoughts tomorrow (or tonight if i get the free time)

Tzeentch

First Post
I prefer grouping creatures as much as possible (if just because doing otherwise dilutes the usefulness of Favored Enemy), but must agree we go with the most canonical answer. It can always be changed later if WotC does a backflip and starts adding Feline subtype critters everywhere.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Now that Humanoid has been decided, let's get back to converting 'em. ;)

For the kasa, I think it should be a light exotic weapon, deal 1d4 (Medium) or 1d3 (Small), deal slashing damage (like regular claws do), crit 18-20x2, weight 2 lb., cost 30 gp (same as claw bracers and bladed gauntlets). A character using a kasa cannot be disarmed with the disarm action.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I have totally slacked off on the rakasta – I know I promised I’d post my thoughts a couple days ago. Well, here we go a bit late. ;)

Stats, how about: Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10

Skills: how about a selection from the following: Hide, Listen, Ride, Move Silently, Spot, Jump, Balance, Tumble, Climb (I also recommend the cat-like ability for using Dex mod for Climb and Jump)

Feats: unfortunately they only get one… how about one of these – Lightning Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse, Alertness, Blind-Fight (and I’d be willing to make one a bonus if we agree on that)

Updated stat block coming soon (no, really!)…

Shade

Monster Junkie
I am also in agreement, unless they get a sizable racial bonus to the same skills that Acrobatic or Agile grant. In that case, I'd give 'em Weapon Finesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads