Converting Planescape monsters

Cleon

Legend
Yes, fighter seems right for these.

Got something queued up for this thread?

Not for this Planescape thread.

There's some Dragon Mag creatures I'd like to get done plus a few Lycanthropes but I can't recall any Planescape critters I fancied doing.

Cleon

Legend
Just noticed and corrected a very minor typo in the Reave's Special Qualities line - the "all-around vision" was missing its hyphen.

Cleon

Legend
For templates: animentals?

I'd say those are already covered by the Element Creature and Half-Elemental templates from the 3E Manual of the Planes.

There's a bunch of creatures from the various 2E Planescape MC appendixes that don't have official 3E conversions, but I can't offhand recall any I'm particularly inspired to convert.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Would you guys have any interest in converting the Modronoid (Great Modron March pg 56, pg 59, & pg 109) as a 3.5e template? I believe it's the only creature needing a conversion in that adventure.
If you are not familiar with them, it's a humanoid that has had modron parts grafted to their body. Usually replacing limbs and such.

Cleon

Legend
Would you guys have any interest in converting the Modronoid (Great Modron March pg 56, pg 59, & pg 109) as a 3.5e template? I believe it's the only creature needing a conversion in that adventure.
If you are not familiar with them, it's a humanoid that has had modron parts grafted to their body. Usually replacing limbs and such.

I'm game if you are.

It's been ages since I read that adventure. Weren't Modronoids more like Grafts or a Half-Modron template than a unique monster?

Cleon

Legend
I'm game if you are.

It's been ages since I read that adventure. Weren't Modronoids more like Grafts or a Half-Modron template than a unique monster?

Okay, checked those pages and I must have been thinking of something else with the Grafts/Template. Maybe some later product with Modron elements?

The Modronoids in The Great Modron March are definitely regular monsters. There are two types equivalent to Base Modrons and Hierarch Modrons. The majority are humanoid-modron cyborg constructs covered with metal plates with retractile arm-blades but Valran Stonefist is basically a human mind in a Decaton body. However, his [its?] abilities are identical to a regular Decaton apart from spellcasting: the Decaton Modronoid has Varan's wizard spellcasting abilities rather than the Primus-based cleric spellcasting of a true Decaton.

Decatons have official 3E stats already so I feel the Stonefist Modronoid is outside our remit, but the regular Modronoid looks fair game for the Creature Catalog.

Remove ads