Converting prehistoric creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, let's just drop these. If we need an "official conversion," we can change skills and feats around a little.

Cleon

Legend
Skipping 'em suits me. Any other prehistoric critters still out there, or has this thread experienced an extinction event?

Do we have a list?

Even if there are no more AD&D or BECMI paleontological beasties left to convert, there are presumably plenty that never had D&D stats at all.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Do we have a list?

Even if there are no more AD&D or BECMI paleontological beasties left to convert, there are presumably plenty that never had D&D stats at all.

An unconverted list? No, not anymore, since it's finished. ;)

A list of all prehistoric creatures? I don't have one.

Cleon

Legend
An unconverted list? No, not anymore, since it's finished. ;)

Or, rather, extinct.

A list of all prehistoric creatures? I don't have one.

Well there is this invention called the internet which, I understand, has an ample supply of paleontological sites...

Going through every extinct animal in them ought to keep us busy for a little while... :p

More to the point, can anyone think of some prehistoric critters that are relatively common but haven't got official (or CC conversion) stats yet?

Ammonites and Belemites, for example, appear to be absent from D&D. Well, apart from the "Golden Ammonite", but that isn't a natural animal.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Well there is this invention called the internet which, I understand, has an ample supply of paleontological sites...

You don't say? B-)

Going through every extinct animal in them ought to keep us busy for a little while... :p

More to the point, can anyone think of some prehistoric critters that are relatively common but haven't got official (or CC conversion) stats yet?

That it would.

Ammonites and Belemites, for example, appear to be absent from D&D. Well, apart from the "Golden Ammonite", but that isn't a natural animal.

Hesperornis?

Eohippus?

Carnotaurus?

I've seen a 3E version of Carnotaurus on the 'web, but can't recall quite where. Probably one of the Wizards fora.

I don't see an official version of Carnotaurus, so I'd say any of those are fair game.

I need to go through Echohawks spreadsheet and see if any have been converted by other sites, but not "officially". We could probably tackle those first before heading out into the never converted.

Cleon

Legend
I don't see an official version of Carnotaurus, so I'd say any of those are fair game.

I need to go through Echohawks spreadsheet and see if any have been converted by other sites, but not "officially". We could probably tackle those first before heading out into the never converted.

Sounds like a plan.

I can wait...

Remove ads