• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Converting Spelljammer creatures

Cleon

Legend
1d10+10 rounds and minutes work for me as the two durations.

I'll update the Standard Gossamer Working Draft and the Noble Gossamer Working Draft with that.

I gave the Gossamer Swarms' acid puddle the same duration as the Standard Gossamer, although their is an argument for giving it a longer duration since the Swarm's acid is between the two in intensity.

Hoping to have a bit more time for conversions for the rest of the year (boy, feels weird to type that!).

What, all four days of it! :cool:

Cleon

Legend
That's fine, I guess, but do you have a rationale not to use average 10 or 11 Wis & Cha?

I just randomly picked another creature with the same Int, namely the Tendriculos (Int 3, Wis 8, Cha 3) and bumped its Wisdom and Charisma up a bit.

It seems appropriate to give it a slightly-above-average Wisdom, since it's basically a predatory animal and most of those tend to have Wisdom around 12 and Charisma somewhat lower than 10. (e.g. the Lion at Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6).

I would prefer to give it a decent Wisdom though, if only for the sake of its Spot checks and Will saves.

However, it doesn't really amount to much what Charisma we give it, since I doubt it'll use it for anything.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tell you what, I'll go for Wis 12, but I think I'd rather stick to a lower Cha, especially since the standard gossamer is Cha 1. How about Cha 4 or even Cha 2 (I'm sure you're trying to keep it even)? It is a giant space jellyfish after all.

Cleon

Legend
Tell you what, I'll go for Wis 12, but I think I'd rather stick to a lower Cha, especially since the standard gossamer is Cha 1. How about Cha 4 or even Cha 2 (I'm sure you're trying to keep it even)? It is a giant space jellyfish after all.

But... but... it's a pretty giant space jellyfish! :p

I'd be OK with that. Do you have a preference for 4 or 2 for the Charisma, or shall we roll a digital dice for it?

Remove ads