Spelljammer Converting Spelljammer creatures

Cleon

Legend
1d10+10 rounds and minutes work for me as the two durations.

I'll update the Standard Gossamer Working Draft and the Noble Gossamer Working Draft with that.

I gave the Gossamer Swarms' acid puddle the same duration as the Standard Gossamer, although their is an argument for giving it a longer duration since the Swarm's acid is between the two in intensity.

Hoping to have a bit more time for conversions for the rest of the year (boy, feels weird to type that!).

What, all four days of it! :cool:

Cleon

Legend
That's fine, I guess, but do you have a rationale not to use average 10 or 11 Wis & Cha?

I just randomly picked another creature with the same Int, namely the Tendriculos (Int 3, Wis 8, Cha 3) and bumped its Wisdom and Charisma up a bit.

It seems appropriate to give it a slightly-above-average Wisdom, since it's basically a predatory animal and most of those tend to have Wisdom around 12 and Charisma somewhat lower than 10. (e.g. the Lion at Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6).

I would prefer to give it a decent Wisdom though, if only for the sake of its Spot checks and Will saves.

However, it doesn't really amount to much what Charisma we give it, since I doubt it'll use it for anything.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tell you what, I'll go for Wis 12, but I think I'd rather stick to a lower Cha, especially since the standard gossamer is Cha 1. How about Cha 4 or even Cha 2 (I'm sure you're trying to keep it even)? It is a giant space jellyfish after all.

Cleon

Legend
Tell you what, I'll go for Wis 12, but I think I'd rather stick to a lower Cha, especially since the standard gossamer is Cha 1. How about Cha 4 or even Cha 2 (I'm sure you're trying to keep it even)? It is a giant space jellyfish after all.

But... but... it's a pretty giant space jellyfish! :p

I'd be OK with that. Do you have a preference for 4 or 2 for the Charisma, or shall we roll a digital dice for it?

Remove ads