Converting to 13th Age (because I cannot get my 4e tools subscription back)

This is the best looking adventure I've ever seen. Ordered the hard back in high quality. Now I've been heartbroken to find I cannot renew my 2 years expired 4th Edition subscription.

Thankfully Ash Law made a very good post on how to convert encounters:
http://site.pelgranepress.com/index....ge-by-ash-law/ . Seems to me that converting encounters will be quicker than running 4e from books with no builder and an errata document. So the potential 1st combat with the dockers would look to involve opponents with stat's like the thug from the 13th Age rule book.

Between 13th Age, 13 True Ways, Deep Magic, 101 Feats and Talents, Dragon Kings, The Midgard Bestiary and the 13th Age in Glorantha play test, there's a lot of races and classes. I've advised them that anything from the 100 feats and talents and deep magic supplements will be subject to approval and re-flavoring of everything for steampunk will be actively encouraged.
Looking at the Glorantha document last night, I thought runes could be part of the magic system that enables the technology. I thought of a Troll Warrior built using the Heavy Armor talent being used to represent a steam suited character. I thought of the Earth Priestess being used as a stem-tech/rune engineer with metal constructs and runes in place of stone summons and blessings. I thought of a Storm Voice being used as a character with a steam/rune tech backpack of portable Tesla coil tricks.

There's no themes in 13th Age and backgrounds mostly just cover skills.
Looking between the 13th Age books and the themes I can see some things giving a flavor of the themes.

Dockers: Rogue, Bard, Rebel and Trickster
Eschatologists: They sound cleric/paladin/wizard-like The Lorekeepers and the Inklings schools in Deep Magic
Gunsmith - Ranger with a gun talent (I'm thinking a power-up talent for guns that works like a 13th Age sorcerer gathering power). Re-flavored Arbonesse Academy from Deep Magic for a steam tech gun
Martial Scientist - Fighter, Martial Druid, Wind Lord. The Shield Maidens and Sword Brothers, the Vindicators and the Hammer of Valhala schools in Deep Magic.
Skyseer - Druid. The Watchers of the Sky school in deep Magic.
Spirit Medium - Necromancer, Cleric. The Red Inquisition and The Oracles of Fate schools in Deep Magic
Technologist - Many things can be re-flavored. Troll Warrior (steam mech), Earth Priestess, Storm Voice. The wizards of the Clockwork Tower in Deep Magic as a talent for anyone
Vikeshi Mystic - Sorcerer, Monk. Rework some of the psionic powers from Dragon Kings into the spells/powers of a different class. The Daughters of Freyja, The Daughters of the Stones or Doom Tollers schools from Deep Magic
Yerasol Veteran - Barbarian, Melee Ranger, Humakti, Storm Bull, Storm Warrior. Suitable background for any martial background character.

Has anyone else done a Zeitgeist conversion to 13th Age campaign? Any suggestions or opinions?

Tony Vargas

Legend
Last edited:

Remove ads