Converting True Dragons

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Works for me if you change the "Rahab" in the last paragraph to "Ahi" ;) I'm pretty sure that's a copy-paste thing.

Will that finish him off?

Cleon

Legend
Works for me if you change the "Rahab" in the last paragraph to "Ahi" ;) I'm pretty sure that's a copy-paste thing.

I don't remember whether it was a copy-past error or because I keep on getting which of these twins is which mixed up.

Updating Ahi the Steel Dragon Working Draft.

Will that finish him off?

I believe so. I'll do a final check of the stats just to be safe…

Well the Full Attack line does not allow for his Multiattack feat and its tail slap should either do 4d6+11 damage or we need a reduced tail damage SA plus Ahi's saving throws are all 4 points too high due to a copy-paste carry-over from Rahab's aura of profane darkness.

Couldn't see any other obvious errors in the stats, although the Keen Senses description has an "It" typo that should be "He".

So, are we keeping the tail damage at Str bonus or giving it a standard True Dragon's 1½ Str bonus?

If we for the +11 damage it'd be a simple matter of adding one of the following SAs:

Reduced Tail Damage (Ex) #1: Ahi only adds his Strength bonus to the damage of his tail slap attack. His slender tail is not powerful enough to add 1½ times his Strength bonus like most true dragons.

Reduced Tail Damage (Ex) #2: Ahi only adds his Strength bonus to the damage of his tail slap and tail sweep attacks. His slender tail is not powerful enough to add 1½ times his Strength bonus like most true dragons.

freyar

Let's go for the reduced tail damage #2. Maybe we can combine this with the Reduced Bite Damage SQ; maybe call it "Weak Attacks" or something?

Cleon

Legend
Let's go for the reduced tail damage #2. Maybe we can combine this with the Reduced Bite Damage SQ; maybe call it "Weak Attacks" or something?

I'd be more inclined to keep the "reduced damage" name and just combine the text:

Reduced Bite and Tail Damage (Ex): Ahi only adds his Strength bonus to the damage of his tail slap and tail sweep attacks. His slender tail is not powerful enough to add 1½ times his Strength bonus like most true dragons. Because of his small fangs and weak jaws, Ahi deals bite damage as if he were one size category smaller.

That said, I'm also fine with having them as separate writeups.

freyar

That's fine. I like the combination; less repetition is better.

The attack line looks ok for Multiattack now, so I guess you fixed it up. :) All done?

Sorry for my disappearance again; I thought I could keep up over a work trip. :p

Cleon

Legend
That's fine. I like the combination; less repetition is better.

The attack line looks ok for Multiattack now, so I guess you fixed it up. :) All done?

It needs updating to add the Reduced Bite and Tail Damage we'd agreed on, but once that's done we're good to go.

Updating Ahi the Steel Dragon Working Draft.

Sorry for my disappearance again; I thought I could keep up over a work trip. :p

Yes I noticed it's been quite around here recently.

Cleon

Legend
By the way, since we've slightly updated Rahab the Grey Dragon mechanically I'm thinking we should slightly tweak the flavour text to at least mention he has a brother.

i.e.

Rahab, the Grey Dragon (Draco Nox Diabolus), is among the most hated members of dragonkind. His origins are concealed as well as his true form within the ever-present darkness that surrounds him. Some legends suggest that he's a unique half-black/half-brass dragon, filled with anger toward both factions that gave him life. Other tales suggest he is a failed experiment of Tiamat, or perhaps a former chosen consort that was cast aside for an unknown transgression and forever cloaked in darkness so she need never see him. Still others claim he is a metallic dragon that turned to evil and darkness, or possibly a radiant dragon corrupted by demons. The oldest legend says Rahab hatched from the same egg as Ahi the Steel Dragon and the twin dragons grew up to be complete opposites.

freyar

In that case, I guess we should take a look at those Mystarans!

Agreed with adding the flavor bit about Ahi to Rahab.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases