• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think Mossmutter is basically done except for skills and feats. Should also double check the math.

I'm also thinking about removing the camouflage and passive state abilities, since he's rooted to the ground. I could also potentially see giving him some fast healing if we take away the speedy healing of the passive state.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
I'm also thinking about removing the camouflage and passive state abilities, since he's rooted to the ground. I could also potentially see giving him some fast healing if we take away the speedy healing of the passive state.

I could get on board with those ideas.

Otherwise, are these ready for Homebrewin'?

freyar

I'd say (1) there are a few minor changes (see summary post above) for the false K template, (2) the Subsumed Mind template is done, I think, and ready for homebrews, and (3) Mossmutter is not quite done but could be homebrewed. If you want, though, I can try to finish him probably over the weekend.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I agree with Freyar's summary. And look, ten pages of thread later, we're almost back to the Skinpuppets! :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd say (1) there are a few minor changes (see summary post above) for the false K template, (2) the Subsumed Mind template is done, I think, and ready for homebrews, and (3) Mossmutter is not quite done but could be homebrewed. If you want, though, I can try to finish him probably over the weekend.

I'll just wait until you're ready. :)

freyar

I think Mossmutter is done, unless someone wants to change skills or feats.

Shade, it would be helpful if you checked the math (remember that there is a +5 bonus to attack, skills, effective HD for DC, and saves and +25 hp from the positive levels).

freyar

I don't see a static DC 22 anywhere, but I do notice that the DCs are off. (They're static because Mossmutter is unique, though I guess they can change if he loses positive levels.) Cha-based DCs should be 10+11 (effective HD 22 from 5 positive levels) + 4 Cha = 25, and Con-based DCs should be 32. Look right?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Correct. But for SLAs, the DCs are simply 10 + Cha mod (4) + spell level. In your Mossmutter writeup, you list...

Spell-like Abilities: 1/day - dimension door, fireball, wall of force, mage hand, read magic, charm person, mirror image, slow, polymorph, black tentacles, knock, stoneskin, wind wall; 2/day - acid arrow*, lightning bolt*, cone of cold*, circle of death*; 3/day - magic missile*
Caster level 17. Save DC 22. *Mossmutter has one extra use per day of these due to his Subsumed Minds. As he loses Subsumed Minds, he loses one use per day of each of these SLAs.

The bolded bit is my source of confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads