Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
-2 Dex, +2 Con? Bumping the claws is good, then, just one step on each line.

What did you think about movement types? Maybe we should just leave it as for the Subsumed Minds. (And, frankly, with the loss of Su SAs and SQs, maybe that implies loss of Su movement -- I didn't even think about that before.)

Any natural armor? I could see some.

We should put in that skin puppets become mold wyrms on death, but maybe that's flavor.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, I think you're right about the implied loss of Su movement.

I'd say no to natural armor. It sounds like these things are barely held together and just waiting to rupture. Plus, they had AC 10 originally.

freyar

Ok, let's leave the movement line as it was for Subsumed Minds and let any loss of Su movement be implied. That gives a DM some wiggle room if Su flight is really desired.

No natural is fine for me.

Do you agree on putting the "death transformation" into the flavor text?

freyar

I think we can take out this line "If such a creature is affected by the partial imprint ability of a false Keraptis, the hierarchical mind will likely move to the more powerful body, leaving the original false Keraptis body as a Subsumed Mind" and put in that "Mossmutter's spores cannot convert such a powerful creature into a Skin Puppet, and they kill their victim instead."

Also, we should put in a line in the "death flavor paragraph" that "Upon Mossmutter's destruction, all Skin Puppets immediately die as well, becoming ordinary mold wyrms."

Edit: Oh, we need to bump the claw damage!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads