Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
The Charm Monster power needs to get written. Should be just a spell-like ability description with a few alterations as listed. Would be DC 16 I think.

CR: 1 or 2?

LA (if any)?

Skills (ranks): Bluff +1, Disguise +1, Listen +2, Spot +2 ?

Feats: still need one more

Detect Thoughts caster level?

Saving throw for Lesser Telepathy: DC 14?

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
The Charm Monster power needs to get written. Should be just a spell-like ability description with a few alterations as listed. Would be DC 16 I think.

DC 16 sounds right.

BOZ said:
CR: 1 or 2?

I'd say 2. It's comparable to a bugbear in power.

BOZ said:
LA (if any)?

I'd say +3. A doppelganger is +4, and the ingundi has the same abilities but lacks unbalanced ability scores.

BOZ said:
Skills (ranks): Bluff +1, Disguise +1, Listen +2, Spot +2 ?

Sounds good.

BOZ said:
Feats: still need one more

I like Multiattack, so that its claws aren't at a negative attack modifier.

BOZ said:
Detect Thoughts caster level?

3rd? It doesn't matter much, since it has it continuous.

BOZ said:
Saving throw for Lesser Telepathy: DC 14?

Yep.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Something like:
Charm Monster (Sp): An ingundi can charm monster (at will? X/day?). caster level X, Will save DC 16. The ingundi cannot charm any creature on which it has not used detect thoughts. The save DC is Charisma-based.

CR 2 then and LA +3?

OK, got Ability Focus (charm) and Multiattack – need one more feat. :)

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
Charm Monster (Sp): An ingundi can charm monster (at will? X/day?). caster level X, Will save DC 16. The ingundi cannot charm any creature on which it has not used detect thoughts. The save DC is Charisma-based.

I like the writeup. At will? Do we want to account for this...

"During the first round, it attacks with a +4 bonus to its attack roll and automatic surprise."

BOZ said:
CR 2 then and LA +3?

That's what I'm recommending.

BOZ said:
OK, got Ability Focus (charm) and Multiattack – need one more feat. :)

Why? Is one of those a bonus feat? (It gets one feat at 1 HD and another at 3 HD, for a total of 2, right?)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
I like the writeup. At will? Do we want to account for this...

"During the first round, it attacks with a +4 bonus to its attack roll and automatic surprise."

that is a sort of surprise bonus due to the opponent being charmed and totally unsuspecting an attack from its new "friend". if we did use that, how could we put it?

Why? Is one of those a bonus feat? (It gets one feat at 1 HD and another at 3 HD, for a total of 2, right?)

d'oh! i confused myself with my own notes. ;) guess we only need those two after all.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
that is a sort of surprise bonus due to the opponent being charmed and totally unsuspecting an attack from its new "friend". if we did use that, how could we put it?

Perhaps add to the charm ability...

A charmed opponent is considered flat-footed against the ingundi's first attack upon him.

Whaddya think?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
sounds good - i put it in the flavor text instead. :) how about 6th-level caster for charm monster?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Should we have an “Ingundi as characters” section? Medusas, hags, and harpies do not have one at all, and sahuagin, derro, and kuo-toa only have a paragraph or two instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads