Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleon

Legend
I can get on board with Supernatural and random, but it should stick to Strength-based. Sure, the save DC is high, but critical hits aren't too difficult to divert at mid-levels (fortification armor immediately leaps to mind).

18-20/x3 is standard for augmented critical. :)

As you like, just remind your PCs to enjoy their limbs while they still have them.:devil:
EDIT: Now I'm tempted to rough out an adventure path were the PCs are fighting of an invasion of Quickbiters, and related extraplanar monsters, that are spilling through an interdimensional rift.

I'll call it A Farewell To Limbs.;)
Maybe 10?

10 was my original proposal, I thought about 15 (mithral teeth?) but didn't fancy the idea of it casually chewing its way through a wall of iron...

Then again, it would be worth it to see the look on the PCs faces.

Maybe a base of 10 and a Huge Quickbiter's teeth toughen to penetrate hardness 15?

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Training a Quickbiter...It'll cost you an arm and a leg. :p

10 improving to 15 sounds good.

Updated.

Make Ethereal Plane its home plane (since we've linked them to ethereal marauders)?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think training these would be very easy. :eek:

Yes to the ethereal plane.

Feats look ok.

Racial bonus to Spot (+8?)? Maybe split ranks between Spot and Listen?

Shade

Monster Junkie
We could borrow the ethereal marauder's skill bonuses...

Skills: Ethereal marauders have a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks.

SA bite acts as a sword of sharpness, +2 to initiative

Improved Inititative as bonus feat?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Agreed.

Ethereal marauder skill bonuses are ok, but I'd be even happier with a bigger bonus on Spot due to all the eyes on this thing. +2 on the others, +4 on Spot?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Look again (pardon the pun!) It already gets a a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks from all-around vision. ;)

Cleon

Legend
Training a Quickbiter...It'll cost you an arm and a leg. :p

10 improving to 15 sounds good.

Give that man a hand, there will be plenty of them lying about.:D

What I was proposing was "ignores hardness less than X", not "ignores the first X points of hardness". i.e. like an adamantine weapon, which ignores the hardness of steel (10) or mithral (15) but faces the full 20 hardness of other adamantine weapons.

Make Ethereal Plane its home plane (since we've linked them to ethereal marauders)?

The ethereal plane bit doesn't do much for me, but leave it in if you like.

Although it does make me think about an Ethereal Amputator variant, a Quickbiter with ethereal jaunt...
Adventurers walking through a dungeon, something pops out of the ethereal plane and back again in a flash of movement.

"Hey, Krusk, didn't you have two arms?"
Still it could be worse, give it a vorpal bite and make an Ethereal Decapitator.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads