• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cool article about Gary Gygax

Satyrn

First Post
From the article:
The report also claims Gygax set up a Liberian holding company to avoid paying taxes and "is known to be a member of the Libertarian Party."
I wonder if Gygax somehow thought the 2 were related.

I was actually surprised by the quality of the article. I expected an article thrown together with half- research and mostly myths.

Though I'm no expert on the subject, it seems relieable except for the one reference to "Virtual Grounds" which is probably a reference to "Fantasy Grounds" virtual table top.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
Of all celebrities, all historic figures, Gygax is the one I mourn the most. I emailed him once and he emailed me back. He said I was welcome to chat with him at the next con.

Well I went and saw him available to sign my books which were in my bag. And at 19, I got nervous, thought I would bother him and chickened out!

Right next to not asking a beautiful woman out, by all accounts who liked me, this is my biggest life regret.

All hail Gygax! He still makes life better!!!!

sydbar

Explorer
I met Gary the year i went to Gencon, and he gave me some good advice on EN World. I am so impressed with the article.

sydbar

Explorer
What was the advice?

I had talked about thinking about leaving a group i was in because i was tired of basically playing only 2E in 2 groups for 16 years. And he asked if i still enjoyed playing with the group and i replied "yes". He then asked if i was still having fun even though i was tired with the system and i replied "yes". So he said if you are enjoying the other players and are still having fun, shouldn't you stay and have fun with your friends and i had to agree. I stayed with the group a couple more years till i couldn't get a reliable ride to the game.

Dennis J Bowker

First Post
I enjoyed this article of the creater of one of the best games I have ever played. For those of us not born into money it was many many hours of entertainment fun and joy for a cheap price. Thank you Gary Gygax for a great game.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
I enjoyed this article of the creater of one of the best games I have ever played. For those of us not born into money it was many many hours of entertainment fun and joy for a cheap price. Thank you Gary Gygax for a great game.

Still shake my head when people grip about the price of books...there is no better value to be had!

Remove ads