<Cool Name Goes Here>: Community Input, Pro Designed

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Fantasy Roleplaying Excellent Engine (FREE is a positive acronym)

Fantastic Action Roleplaying Engine (FARE is a neutral to positive acronym)

Fantasy Icons Roleplaying Engine (FIRE is a positive acronym)

Fantastic Open Roleplaying Engine (FORE is a neutral to positive acronym)

Last edited:

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
I'm concerned that there are too many consulting designers in the kitchen, but maybe that's what it takes to avoid another OGL/SRD fiasco. I have high hopes!

Thanks! We do too!

And responding the "too many cooks", we hear that and have given it a lot of thought.

Here is how the process will work:
We will reach out to the Consulting Designers at different stages of the development process and say something like "We'd like you to review this 2500 word design plan for balancing advancement across classes." (Totally made up example). The designer will tell us "Happy to review this - reading and commenting will likely take me about 6 hours of work." We'd sign off on it, and they'll do their thing. They'll return the document with their notes and or a write-up of how they'd advise us to proceed. Alternatively, we can set up a Zoom call and they can share their thoughts that way - however they work best.

Laurefindel

Legend
"Cool Name" is catchy. I'd keep it. You could then branch out with a "Cool Name Fantasy" and "Cool Name SciFi" and "Cool Name Steampunk" or whatever.

The "Cool Name" part is both recognizable as a brand and purposefully generic and replaceable as a plug-in for your own setting or supplement. I can see myself making a "Laurefindel's Journey, a Cool Name Fantasy Campaign Setting" or something of the sort. Or I could even go wild and make a Laurefindel's Journey, a cool name LOW-fantasy setting!

And I'd be more than happy to contribute my 2-cents-worth of system design, but you're sure you really want that?

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
"Cool Name" is catchy. I'd keep it. You could then branch out with a "Cool Name Fantasy" and "Cool Name SciFi" and "Cool Name Steampunk" or whatever.

The "Cool Name" part is both recognizable as a brand and purposefully generic and replaceable as a plug-in for your own setting or supplement. I can see myself making a "Laurefindel's Journey, a Cool Name Fantasy Campaign Setting" or something of the sort. Or I could even go wild and make a Laurefindel's Journey, a cool name LOW-fantasy setting!

And I'd be more than happy to contribute my 2-cents-worth of system design, but you're sure you really want that?

Here at Mechanical Muse we're all kind of enjoying the Cool Name moniker as well. It's totally grown on us!

As for giving your two-cents, we want to hear from as many people as possible. We know we'll never make the perfect game for everyone, but we'd love to get as much input as we can. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on forums like this as well as the links here: CNGH RPG – Cool Name Goes Here Roleplaying Game

Once the Kickstarter launches (we need to pay the people helping to make this), we'll have a LOT of surveys to capture everyone's thoughts and ideas.

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
The Kickstarter is now live, and we posted the first of our Design Journals! The Journals are a big part of this, because we're bringing everyone along for the ride as we build this thing. We're only just getting started, but we already have stuff to share in terms of the process.

We also are super excited to announce we added two more Consulting Designers: Robin D. Laws and Kenneth Hite!

Finally - we're getting ready to launch the first of our targeted surveys! We definitely want to hear from as many people as possible.

I'm around all the time if you have questions, and you can also reach us over on the project page:
Cool Name RPG: A Community Owned Fantasy Roleplaying System

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
Rules for Exotic Mounts? Unlocked
Robin D. Laws, Consulting Designer? Unlocked
14 days left! I've got a good feeling about this. Also, be sure to check out the design journals:
laws12k-unlocked.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases