Core Handbook Errors Discussion

frankthedm

First Post
Transit said:
I figure it MUST be an error. Why on earth would they do this to D&D on purpose?
Please tell me you are asking a retorical question.

[vodka] Because wotc knows where their bread is buttered. A tactical combat centric game, thus minis centric game, keeps money flowing in due to DDM sales, which in turn keeps them employed since wotc can prove viability to Hasbro {intentionally not typing 'Ha$borg' because shareholders are people too, whose own wellbeing may hinge on how well habro does in the financial market]. As it happens I am not that PO'ed D&D has gone from wargaming roots back to skirmish wargaming because I am a fan of minis. Yes, it would be all kinds of awesome if the D&D ruleset could switch from tactical minis combat to pure narrative from round to round without losing a step of precision, but that is not what we have ATM. I'd mention a few more things related to Gygax, may he rest in peace, and Adkinson, but thank the Creator, I am not that drunk ...yet[/vodka]

Now back to making counters for those not blessed with 1000's of minis.

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
Grrr. What the heck is a 10 foot cube? 10 cubic feet? A cube with 10 feet to a side? Feet is a unit of length, not volume.

Imban

First Post
Per my other thread, there are a whoooole bunch of weapons in the Monster Manual that don't have stats in the PHB equipment list. Worst of them is the scourge (which deals 1d6 damage with, as far as I can tell, no special features or reach - nice whip, dude), since you can derive stats for tridents easily and make up stats for a blowgun without too much trouble. Also, apparently the guys who wrote the Monster Manual were under the impression that rods could be used in melee as clubs, while the people who wrote the Player's Handbook were under the impression that rods could not be used as melee weapons at all.

malraux

First Post
Treacherous_B said:
I'm not sure if this is a joke or sarcasm or not, but no, it is not easier to say "a 1,000 cubic foot cube" than "a 10 foot cube".
Sorry, its the math and physics studies in me. Feet are length, cubic feet are volume. If I'm referencing a volume, its crazy to me to reference a linear distance.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
i found an error. Scale mail Does not have a armor check penalty, and it has more armor then then chain that has a 1 armor check penalty.

It seems pretty fishy. I don't know if it would have 1 armor check penalty or 2, considering plate has 2. I think considering hide armor has 1 armor check penalty that scale would have some. It just lits it as "-"

Do i win something for finding the first possible typo?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases