Core Handbook Errors Discussion

william_nova

Explorer
Vempyre said:
Line breaks make it hard to read text in a forum post.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you want that all as one continuous line?

It looks fine in my browser, sorry, I'm just sure what you mean.

hong

WotC's bitch
william_nova said:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you want that all as one continuous line?

It looks fine in my browser, sorry, I'm just sure what you mean.
I think he's saying that if you're going to copy text from a torrented pdf, you should at least try to hide it by erasing the line breaks.

Shado

Explorer
Moon-Lancer said:
i found an error. Scale mail Does not have a armor check penalty, and it has more armor then then chain that has a 1 armor check penalty.

It seems pretty fishy. I don't know if it would have 1 armor check penalty or 2, considering plate has 2. I think considering hide armor has 1 armor check penalty that scale would have some. It just lits it as "-"

Do i win something for finding the first possible typo?

Not an error, me thinks.

It makes no heavy armor perfect.

Plate has better protection.

Scale has better mobility once you get the specialization feat.

Chain is the baseline heavy armor.

Moon-Lancer said:
Do i win something for finding the first possible typo?

Nope, because it's not a mistake. Scale is just better armor than chain. (Read the actual armor description; it talks about how flexible it is.)

That's why so few classes are proficient with it. :)

Aservan

First Post
We were told that nitpick little bonuses that only apply in certain specific circumstances were to be phased out. If see a whole bunch of those masquerading as feats. Umm. Hello WoTC you said you were gonna not waste our time with that crap.

Precise Hunter: Allies gain +1 attack against target hit by critical hit.

?!

Now I have to remember that if[/] I get a critical hit my buddies get a whole +1 to hit. Holy cow batman. +1. Do ya mean it? Really. That's awesome. And it only happens when I roll a twenty on the die if it happens to be the attack roll.

How is this not one of those countless niggling little bonuses we hate to keep track of?

I know this is a massive undertaking and some one out there is just thrilled with this super cool feat (it is the interwebs), but really we need to use precious space for this amazing power?

Thikket

Explorer
malraux said:
Sorry, its the math and physics studies in me. Feet are length, cubic feet are volume. If I'm referencing a volume, its crazy to me to reference a linear distance.

What single measure is required to completely define a cube? The length of any side.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
William, please stop. if you copy any more text from your illegally downloaded pdf, you will be banned.

We're fine with people answering questions or writing snippets, but copying text isn't okay. Obviously, that goes for everyone, not just William. He just happens to be nearby when I noticed the problem. :)

Last edited:

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Nope, because it's not a mistake. Scale is just better armor than chain. (Read the actual armor description; it talks about how flexible it is.)

That's why so few classes are proficient with it. :)

thanks. I am glad I am wrong.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Piratecat said:
William, let's make this clear: if you copy any more text from your illegally downloaded pdf, you will be banned.

So we cant talk about 4e if we have a printed copy that has broken the street date? I want to be clear. I hope didn't do anything wrong as well. I think their should be a sticky that talks about the limits of what we are aloud to post and what we can not post.

*edit* I see your edit above mine... Thats cool. I think sticky will help though.

Last edited:

Remove ads