Core Handbook Errors Discussion

salsb

First Post
containing strike

Steel grace (under Swordmaster path features) refers to "Containing strike", but I don't see that power. Though I could have missed it.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Oldtimer said:
Another interesting (but probably meaningless) difference between the two, is that it's not a copy-paste job with just range and sustain changed. The line about attacking with Invisibility reads:
"If the target attacks, the target becomes visible."
But for Greater Invisibility it reads:
"If the target attacks, the power ends."

Strange. I would have used copy-paste (but then I'm lazy).
Even more strangely: You could argue that the invisibility doesn't end, the target just becomes visible again. And since you're sustaining it, the effect (invisible until end of next turn) would kick back again. Because the power never ended.

Cheers, LT.

samursus

Explorer
Rechan said:
Page 159.

Cloud of Daggers:
Area 1 square within 10 squares.

I've never seen any other spell only effect 1 square. I think this is supposed to be 'Area Burst 1'.

Not a typo I don't think...look at:

Target: each target in square

Canageek

Explorer
Ok, from my fully legal DMG (only got shipped that one, seen another person on the WoTC board who said the same thing, not from Buy.com)

On pg202, point 14. The Bluffs ..."and roll about 2d6 [ts] 10 feet"
I bet thats supposed to be a * (or rather the nice pretty x that WoTC books use for times)

Also on pg 176 in the "DUPLICATE OR CONFLICTING MONSTER ABILITIES" box, 2nd paragraph "on page xx of the Player's Handbook"

Not trying to hash out every mistake like some people, just figure that if I point these out now when my friends get the second printing they won't have these errors.

Also can someone fill in what these are supposed to read?

I've also posted it at http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=15982348#post15982348
(Yes I'm one of those odd creatures who likes 4e so far, I'm on pg203 of the DMG as I've been talking about what I'm reading on IRC as I go, and doing other things, but so far its the best DMG I've read)

marune

First Post
- Elixirs are mentioned in various places, but not included in the magic items chapter.

- In the MM glossary, the last sentence of the Change Shape entry is not clear at all (The creature must have seen the individual it is imitating and gains a +20 bonus to its Bluff check.)

- In the PHB, Carrying/Lifting/Dragging. 10 x STR = normal load. A wizard with 10 STR can carry 100 lbs as a normal load ?

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
The Large Oni's Great sword deals 2d6, rather than the 1d12 the weapon sizing rules seem to call for. This might be just exception based design, but just maybe the Greatsword is suppoded to be a 1d12 weapon.

Family

First Post
Y'all have been noticed. Time to keep bringing your "A" game.

Me: "Is the thread addressing Core Rulebook Errors of benefit?"

Mike Mearls said:
An single place where gamers can post errors they find is useful. We have an errata team forming, and I'll point them to that thread.

---
Book: "What are we up to, sweetheart?"
River: "Fixing your Bible."
Book: "I, um, what?"
River: "Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics; doesn't make sense."
Book: "No, no. You, you can't..."
River: "So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem."
Book: "Really?"
River: "We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat."

Belphanior

First Post
skeptic said:
- In the MM glossary, the last sentence of the Change Shape entry is not clear at all (The creature must have seen the individual it is imitating and gains a +20 bonus to its Bluff check.)

How is this not clear? If a monster tries to make itself look like a specific person it must know what that person looks like, and it gets a +20 bonus to the opposed bluff/insight check. What's the problem?

beverson

First Post
skeptic said:
In the PHB, Carrying/Lifting/Dragging. 10 x STR = normal load. A typical human (NPC) can carry 100/110 lbs as a normal load ???

An ADVENTURER'S normal load. That section is specifically written for Player Characters, who are, of course, heroes. I would imagine that either the DMG notes it's different for NPC's or normal townsfolk, or it's one of the things the designers left for the DM to decide on his own. I personally will be adjusting that to a more reasonable level for the non-heroic types, as I see fit.

marune

First Post
beverson said:
An ADVENTURER'S normal load. That section is specifically written for Player Characters, who are, of course, heroes. I would imagine that either the DMG notes it's different for NPC's or normal townsfolk, or it's one of the things the designers left for the DM to decide on his own. I personally will be adjusting that to a more reasonable level for the non-heroic types, as I see fit.

This formula doesn't make sense for low-strength hero anyway (forget the NPC example).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases