• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core (or nearly) way to See Invisible?

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Hey guys,

I am currently playing a PC (paladin) that'd like to find a way to see invisible foes. So far, this is all I've come up with (I'm editing the list to include ideas mentioned in replies):

* Buy a Minor Ring of Spell Storing and get the party wizard to cast See Invisibility into it, or have the party cleric cast Invisibility Purge into it.

* Buy a Gem of Seeing.

* Buy a Lantern of Revealing.

Are there any other Core or nearly-Core (WotC splat books are okay, 3rd-party books not so much,) ways for a non-spellcaster to gain the ability to see invisible critters? See Invisibility is a Personal spell, and thus can't be made into a potion...

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Get a Hand of Glory

Learn Use Magic Device and buy a Wand of See Invisibility

Pick up Leadership and get a Cleric cohort

Befriend a Pseudodragon and pick up Blind-Fight

Bye
Thanee

azhrei_fje

First Post
Take one level of cleric with the Magic domain and the wand of see invisible doesn't have a chance to fail, like it does with UMD. (And you'd need to have a lot of ranks in UMD to avoid failure.)

Do a favor for a high-level mage and get a permanent see invisible as payment. It would have to be a hecuva favor (pun intended)!

rowport

First Post
Taloras said:
If it wasnt a paladin, id say take a level in Warlock...one of the least invocations allows you to see invisible. :p
I think this is a good suggestion, honestly... I know that it is normally a bad move to multiclass with spellcasters but a sprinkling of Warlock levels with the Paladin's presumably high CHA might work just fine. Think of it as a bizarro Fighter/Mage. :)

Oh, crap- I forgot that Warlocks cannot be Good. Nevermind. :)

Jhamin

First Post
Is it cheating to use the item creation rules from the DMG?

Lenses of See Invisible, useable 3/day at caster level 3 cost 4000gp.

This gets you 3 30min windows where you can see the invisible normally.

UltimaGabe

First Post
rowport said:
Oh, crap- I forgot that Warlocks cannot be Good. Nevermind. :)

They can, but only Chaotic Good. It's a stupid alignment restriction, and, in my opinion, a Warlock of any alignment should be allowed (as long as the player can justify it- after all, if Demons can give out special abilities through blood, why can't Celestials?).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads