• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core (or nearly) way to See Invisible?

Thanee

First Post
The biggest problem there is, that warlock's are pretty fiend-flavored (almost all their powers).

A celestial-based warlock should have rather different abilities. :)

Bye
Thanee

irdeggman

First Post
IIRC the ninja class (from Complete Adventurer) gets a class ability to see invisible. Doesn't work well with a paladin though, well not IMO. Could work if started as a ninja then switched classes.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Jhamin said:
Is it cheating to use the item creation rules from the DMG?

Lenses of See Invisible, useable 3/day at caster level 3 cost 4000gp.

This gets you 3 30min windows where you can see the invisible normally.
I don't think this is cheating, though of course it'd need to be okayed by my DM. ;) I'd actually assumed this was actually an item and was surprised when, looking through the Wondrous Item section for them, realized they weren't. :p

Thanks for doing the calculations. The particulars of making this item were going to be my next question, if none of the splat books had anything already published that did the job.

CyberSpyder

First Post
It's 3.0, but there's the Blindfold of True Darkness from the Arms and Equipment guide. Takes up the eyes slot, and gives you blindsight in a 60' radius.

Admittedly, you can't use your normal sight at all while wearing it, but if you know there's an invisible foe somewhere around...

NimrodvanHall

First Post
there is a ring that allows permanent true seeing for 20k
its in xxxx damnit i cant recall the name :mad: its an adventure about kialranshalee the drow goddess of necromancy set in the forgottenrealms during Lloths silence.

Jhamin

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
Thanks for doing the calculations. The particulars of making this item were going to be my next question, if none of the splat books had anything already published that did the job.

Not a problem. The Half-Ogre fighter in my game just comissioned some after getting jumped by one too many Invisible Stalker assasins. We were a little suprised that the counter to such an obnoxious ability wasn't already statted out.
Sure, true seeing is nice but if you have wealth levels to take into account see invisible covers 80% of what you need.

It worked out to 4000 gp for the 3/day or 12000 for constant use. He went for economy.

Three_Haligonians

First Post
Get the Helm of Vision from the 3.0 Defenders of the Faith, grants True Seeing and a +1 insight bonus to AC to boot!

Very expensive though.. about 90K.. so.. um.. save up I guess.

J from Three Haligonians

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Three_Haligonians said:
Get the Helm of Vision from the 3.0 Defenders of the Faith, grants True Seeing and a +1 insight bonus to AC to boot!

Very expensive though.. about 90K.. so.. um.. save up I guess.

J from Three Haligonians
That's the problem with the Lantern of Revealing and Gem of Seeing as well. Just too darned much money. :p I'm with the half-orc. I need something more economical.

That said, I'd really like to know whether the correct price for the 3/day item would be 4,000 or 7,200gp. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads