Corebooks in June!: News from the Alliance Retailer Summit

teitan

Legend
I just remembered, I have a weird memory, but they are releasing a gift set at the same time that includes a slip case and it will be 10 cents more... LOL.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
All three books in June makes more sense to me. You won't end up with players owning the PHB and having to wait around two more months before DMs have all the resources they need to get a 4e game going.

As for burden on the retailers, my guess would be that most retailers who expect to move a significant number of books will take pre-orders, thereby getting payment ahead of time for the wholesale purchase of the books. This will help pay for their non-reserved stock of books.

A'koss

Explorer
Thornir Alekeg said:
All three books in June makes more sense to me. You won't end up with players owning the PHB and having to wait around two more months before DMs have all the resources they need to get a 4e game going.

As for burden on the retailers, my guess would be that most retailers who expect to move a significant number of books will take pre-orders, thereby getting payment ahead of time for the wholesale purchase of the books. This will help pay for their non-reserved stock of books.
Yup. This is awesome news indeed...

Reaper Steve

Explorer
teitan said:
I just remembered, I have a weird memory, but they are releasing a gift set at the same time that includes a slip case and it will be 10 cents more... LOL.

While I'm more than content for the one book a month approach...
getting all three in a slip case right out the gate definitely has my attention, and will have my money!

mhensley

First Post
I won't believe it until someone from wotc says it. Putting all the books in one month leaves two pretty big gaps in their publishing schedule. Plus there's only so many 300 page books I can read in a month, much less afford to buy.

psionotic

I love it, especially if the three volume slipcase is available day one... My desire to have new rules the second they are available always trumps my desire to own the set. :D

teitan

Legend
Reaper Steve said:
BTW, what did they say about Keep on the Shadowfell?
Still April (please?) or will it slip a month to be closer to the core book release?

Still April as far as I remember

Remove ads