CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Btw, guys.... what can you tell me about apocalypse World system? Just trying to decide if to buy the bundle that is out right now on BOH or not.

Can't say that I'm familiar with it.. I haven't been following new RPG systems at all..

Also.. going through your dev art.. did you ever flesh out more of the Avengers teams thing? Where there's multiple teams for different states/areas? and a bit in Superhero teams here and I think here

Reviewing what I wrote on DevArt, I have to say that the result of a lot of that writing was the result of a psychotic episode.

Making a long story short, and using TV Tropes terms because it's the best way I can think of right now, Early Installment Weirdness in some stories written for this setting became someone else's Armed With Canon, and the result was that, during the last two or three years (but it seems it's getting better now... at least, if it comes roaring back up it's because of Author Appeal?) various characters and factions that I had pretty much seen myself as very, and that is VERY, heroic and effective were at best painted as Worf Barrage fuel and at worst as an anti-thesis of everything I thought they were.

And that snapped my psyche like a twig. Hence the lot, and that is A LOT, of ranting. Which, it's easy to see, it comes across as that GM that goes into a "this is not what I wanted the adventure to be like!" when he went "Ok, it's cool" at one random anti-social action and two hours afterwards the whole group is going murder-hobo.

kronos182

Adventurer
Reviewing what I wrote on DevArt, I have to say that the result of a lot of that writing was the result of a psychotic episode.

Making a long story short, and using TV Tropes terms because it's the best way I can think of right now, Early Installment Weirdness in some stories written for this setting became someone else's Armed With Canon, and the result was that, during the last two or three years (but it seems it's getting better now... at least, if it comes roaring back up it's because of Author Appeal?) various characters and factions that I had pretty much seen myself as very, and that is VERY, heroic and effective were at best painted as Worf Barrage fuel and at worst as an anti-thesis of everything I thought they were.

And that snapped my psyche like a twig. Hence the lot, and that is A LOT, of ranting. Which, it's easy to see, it comes across as that GM that goes into a "this is not what I wanted the adventure to be like!" when he went "Ok, it's cool" at one random anti-social action and two hours afterwards the whole group is going murder-hobo.

Ah.. I see. Well I've gotten pretty much everything (but most of the rambles) collected. Should make things a little easier for stories (well once more information is collected for time line).

Also I apologize for not getting many things stated lately. I started a new job a few weeks ago and having to adjust to a new shift and all that comes associated with it.

kronos182

Adventurer
Here's a Star Trek freighter that can be used as a group's mobile base, or ones that populate the space lines (protect from pirates, etc).

J-Class Freighter

The J-Class freighter was a ship of Earth design utilized by the Earth Cargo Service, and fitted with a Warp 2 engine, capable of carrying 30,000 tons of cargo. The rear section of the ship was all cargo section made up of 5 cargo modules, which could be configured for different types of cargo, from palletized goods to cryo-stassis, to short term living space. The cargo section, which takes up the bulk of the ship could be detached in an emergency allowing the primary front section to escape.
The primary section was shaped like a squared off triangle with a sloped front with the bridge on the upper section. Two warp nacelles just from the lower two corners on pylons that allow them to extend just past the bottom of the cargo section. The front section connects to the cargo on the lower half at the front, and had an airlock leading to the cargo section. These ships only had two plasma cannons mounted in turrets on the primary section and polarized hull plating for defense, meaning these ships were best used in areas fairly well patrolled against pirates. While most of the cargo is stored in the cargo modules, the forward drive section has about 10 tons of cargo, used primarily for ship supplies and repairs, in the lower hull.
The ship's maximum FTL speed was Warp 2, but with a full load could safely travel at Warp 1.5. Due to the less advanced inertial dampeners, when the ship jumped to or from warp speed, crew and passengers would need to be strapped into seats or hold onto handle bars mounted at standing stations and various locations in the ship, or be knocked off balance.

In Coreline, these ships, although slow and have very weak defenses, are used as 'light' bulk freighters within Federation space, and sold to many start up cargo companies. Starfleet maintains a small fleet of these ships to move cargo about its territory as they needed as many ships as possible to get resources to its worlds once the chaos of the 23 Hours was over. As things settled down, they are slowly being phased out to civilian firms as newer, faster replacements can be built.
While an old dated ship, many adventurers in Coreline find these ships are quite excellent as they are fairly tolerant to light to medium amounts of modifications and add-ons.

J-Class Freighter (PL 6)
Type: Light
Subtype: Hauler
Size: Colossal (-8)
Tactical Speed: 3500 ft
Defense: 2 (-8 size)
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 6 (-8 size, +4 autopilot)
Hardness: 15
Hit Dice: 24d20 (480 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: ‪755 ft (total)
Weight: 4,500 tons
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 20 (can run with as little as 10 crew)
Passenger Capacity: 3
Cargo Capacity: 30,000
Grapple Modifier: +16
Base PDC: 49
Restriction: Lic (+1)

Attack:
Light Plasma Cannon Turret -8 ranged 10d8, 20, fire, 2000 ft, s/a; or
Light Plasma Cannon Turret -8 ranged 10d8, 20, fire, 2000 ft, s/a and Light Plasma Cannon turret -13 ranged, 10d8, 20, fire, 2000 ft, s/a.Attack of Opportunity: Standard PL(6)

Design Spec: Agile Ships (+1 Dodge), Easy to Repair (Repair DC -4, -25% time), Swiss Army Tech, Slow and Steady, Detachable Drive Section
Engines: thrusters, ion engines, warp drive (max warp 2, 1.5 with full cargo load)
Armour: ditanium
Defense Systems: polarized hull plating, autopilot
Sensors: Class II
Communications: radio transceiver, drivesat comm array
Weapons: 2 light plasma cannon turrets
Grappling Systems: grapplers x1

Slow and Steady
The ships is designed to transport cargo, not speed or combat. For every 10,000 tons of cargo, reduce tactical speed by -500 ft, -1 penalty to Initiative. However any saves sensitive cargo needs (against vibrations, Fort saves, etc) gain +4 bonus.

Detachable Drive Section
The forward section of the ship can detach in an emergency, with a length of only 121 ft, and only 100 hit points, +1 to Init for the first round after detaching. Speed can be increased to 4000 ft for 5 minutes at a time, with 10 minute cool down, and can reach Warp 2. Detaching takes 1 full round, the ship can not move while detaching. Reattaching to the cargo section takes 1 minute and requires a Pilot check DC 10 in normal circumstances, DC 20 in combat situations.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
A couple of Babylon 5 Earth Alliance built shuttles.

EA Civilian Trader

One of many different classes of ships used by private individuals to provide relatively cheap cargo carrying services. Most are based on the basic frame of EA shuttles, with a rectangular body that tappers at the front, lacking gravity, and require Jump Gates to access hyperspace to get between systems. Fitted with extra sensors and fuel tanks to allow them to travel long distances between refueling. Some are modified for planetary surveys and Hyper space (B5 hyperspace) routes and mining surveying. These shuttles are capable of entering and leaving an atmosphere. These ships were equipped with afterburners to allow them to attempt to outrun, if only for a few moments, any raiders, and reach safety of a jump gate. For defense a top mounted particle gun (usually a laser) turret is fitted, allowing the pilot to fire it, or it can be fired by an automated system. These ships usually have enough fuel for 10 days travelling in normal space, and 50 light years by hyperspace, with space for 20 days of air and food.

EA Civilian Trader (PL6)
Type: Ultralight
Subtype: Shuttle
Size: gargantuan (-4)
Tactical Speed: 3000 ft
Defense: 6 (-4 size)
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 8 (-4 size, +2 autopilot)
Hardness: 20
Hit Dice: 6d20 120 hp
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 58.6 ft
Weight: 210,000 lbs
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 1
Passenger Capacity: 3
Cargo Capacity: 6000 lbs
Grapple Modifier:
Base PDC: 47
Restriction: Licenced (+1)

Attack: laser turret -4 ranged, 6d8, 20, fire, 3000 ft, s.

Attack of Opportunity:

Standard PL(6) Design Spec: No gravity, afterburners, long range autopilot, automated weapon
Engines: thrusters, fusion torch, afterburners
Armour: alloy plating
Defense Systems: autopilot, damage control system (1d10)
Sensors: Class II sensors
Communications: radio transceiver
Weapons: particle gun (laser) turret
Grappling Systems:

No Gravity
The ship lacks gravity generators, requiring the crew to be strapped into their seats or float away. The crew can get around the ship by wearing magnetic boots, and hand rails are mounted throughout the ship.

Afterburners
This system is similar to the disposable boasters, only they are not disposable, allowing the pilot to use the afterburn action, granting +500 ft to speed.

Long Range Autopilot
This system is a modified autopilot, allowing the pilot to turn it on and the ship will fly along a flight path, but will avoid danger, like a normal autopilot, but will also avoid detected spatial dangers, such as asteroid fields, dangerous nebulas, etc, and notify the pilot of course corrections. Has Pilot and Navigate skills at +4, and internal alarm and voice warning of course changes or detect dangers it can not avoid, to notify the pilot.

Automated Weapon
The weapon turret can be set to automated mode, allowing the pilot to focus on flying. The system has +1 to attack (total of -3, unless targeting systems are installed), attacking any target not designated as friendly out to 3 range increments (9000 ft), but prioritizing those within the first range increment (3000 ft). Turning on or off the automated weapon is a standard action by the pilot.

Additional Systems
The Civilian Trader can be fitted with additional systems and hardware, allowing it to fulfill a number of different roles.

Additional Fuel Tanks
These additional fuel tanks each give the ship another 5 days of real space travel and 10 light years in hyperspace. The ship can be fitted with 4 additional fuel tanks without compromising speed and flight capabilities. Each additional 2 fuel tanks after 4 imparts -1 to Pilot checks, -500 ft to tactical speed. PDC 22 each fuel tank.

Planetary Survey Package
This series of equipment turns a basic Civilian Trader into a planetary survey ship, allowing the pilot to survey planets for life, minerals and other information. Adds 2 fuel tanks, adds Class IV sensor system, but lacks the ability to identify a starship's weapons and systems, but grants +4 to Knowledge: Earth Sciences, can scan for chemical and mineral composition of a 500 ft area of a planet, up to 2000 ft deep (heavy lead and radioactive materials limits depth to only 500 ft). Includes 5 probes that can be launched can collect samples and enhance range the ship sensors depending on the type of probe used, includes the system to launch and recover 5 probes. Additional probes can be carried, but requires time to load them into the launchers. Reduces cargo capacity to 2000 lbs, increase life support/supplies to 30 days. The engines and autopilot are configured for longer distance travel, allowing for long coast times with the engines in a standby mode, only powering up to maintain speed. With a Navigate check DC 10 and Pilot check DC 15 the pilot can extend real space fuel range by 50%. An additional 25% range can be achieved if the pilot is able to make 1 to 3 planetary gravity sling shot maneuvers along the flight path. PDC +2 to configure the ship with Planetary Survey, and become permanent part of the ship.

EA Shuttle
The standard Earth Alliance shuttle, larger than the Civilian Trader, but lacks the ability to enter an atmosphere, but has a larger passenger capacity. Requires a Jump Gate to get between systems. With a rectangular body that tappers at the front, lacking gravity, and require Jump Gates to access hyperspace to get between systems. These ships were equipped with afterburners to allow them to attempt to outrun, if only for a few moments, any raiders, and reach safety of a jump gate. These ships usually have enough fuel for 10 days travelling in normal space, and 50 light years by hyperspace, with space for 20 days of air and food for up to 26 people.

Ea Shuttle (PL6)
Type: Ultralight
Subtype: shuttle
Size: gargantuan (-4)
Tactical Speed: 3000 ft
Defense: 6 (-4 size)
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 8 (-4 size, +2 autopilot)
Hardness: 20
Hit Dice: 7d20 140 hp
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 60.7 ft
Weight: 220,000 lbs
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 1-2
Passenger Capacity: 24
Cargo Capacity: 5000 lbs
Grapple Modifier:
Base PDC: 47
Restriction: Licenced (+1)

Attack:

Attack of Opportunity:

Standard PL(6) Design Spec: No gravity, afterburners, long range autopilot
Engines: thrusters, fusion torch, afterburners
Armour: alloy plating
Defense Systems: autopilot, damage control system (1d10)
Sensors: Class II sensors
Communications: radio transceiver
Weapons:
Grappling Systems:

No Gravity
The ship lacks gravity generators, requiring the crew to be strapped into their seats or float away. The crew can get around the ship by wearing magnetic boots, and hand rails are mounted throughout the ship.

Afterburners
This system is similar to the disposable boasters, only they are not disposable, allowing the pilot to use the afterburn action, granting +500 ft to speed.

Long Range Autopilot
This system is a modified autopilot, allowing the pilot to turn it on and the ship will fly along a flight path, but will avoid danger, like a normal autopilot, but will also avoid detected spatial dangers, such as asteroid fields, dangerous nebulas, etc, and notify the pilot of course corrections. Has Pilot and Navigate skills at +4, and internal alarm and voice warning of course changes or detect dangers it can not avoid, to notify the pilot.

kronos182

Adventurer
Y-Class Freighter

The Y-Class freighter was a ship of Earth design utilized by the Earth Cargo Service, and fitted with a Warp 2 engine, capable of carrying 20,000 tons of cargo. Instead of a drive section mounted in front of a series of cargo modules, the Y-Class mounts 8 large cargo areas on the sides, four each side, with the ship's main systems mounted in the body that joins the cargo holds. While this still makes the cargo holds vulnerable, the ship's main systems are more protected. The Y-Class can't separate like the J-Class could, although the ship can jettison the cargo holds in an emergency, but can't reattach them without the use of a space dock.
These ships where slightly larger than the J-Class, but were slightly more advanced, armed with only a single plasma cannon mounted in a turret normally, mounted under the nose, and polarized hull plating for defense, meaning these ships were best used in areas fairly well patrolled against pirates. While most of the cargo is stored in the cargo modules, the a smaller cargo hold in the main hull could hold 10 tons, usually used for supplies and repair parts. The Y-Class also had a small hanger for a single shuttle pod as the ships were not capable of planetary landings.
The ship's maximum FTL speed was Warp 2, but with a full load could safely travel at Warp 1.5, but could push this to 1.8 for short periods of time. Due to the less advanced inertial dampeners, when the ship jumped to or from warp speed, crew and passengers would need to be strapped into seats or hold onto handle bars mounted at standing stations and various locations in the ship, or be knocked off balance.

In Coreline, these ships, although slow and have very weak defenses, are used as 'light' bulk freighters within Federation space, and sold to many start up cargo companies. Starfleet maintains a small fleet of these ships to move cargo about its territory as they needed as many ships as possible to get resources to its worlds once the chaos of the 23 Hours was over. As things settled down, they are slowly being phased out to civilian firms as newer, faster replacements can be built.
While an out dated ship, many adventurers in Coreline find these ships are quite excellent as they are fairly tolerant to light to medium amounts of modifications and add-ons.

Y-Class Freighter (PL 6)
Type: Light
Subtype: Hauler
Size: Colossal (-8)
Tactical Speed: 3500 ft
Defense: 2 (-8 size)
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 6 (-8 size, +4 autopilot)
Hardness: 15
Hit Dice: 25d20 (500 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: ‪761 ft (total)
Weight: 4,700 tons
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 24 (can run with as little as 10 crew)
Passenger Capacity: 4 Cargo Capacity: 20,000
Grapple Modifier: +16
Base PDC: 50
Restriction: Lic (+1)

Attack:
Light Plasma Cannon Turret -8 ranged 10d8, 20, fire, 2000 ft, s/a

Attack of Opportunity:

Standard PL(6) Design Spec: Agile Ships (+1 Dodge), Easy to Repair (Repair DC -4, -25% time), Swiss Army Tech, Slow and Steady, Detachable Cargo Modules
Engines: thrusters, ion engines, warp drive (max warp 2, 1.5 with full cargo load)
Armour: ditanium
Defense Systems: polarized hull plating, autopilot
Sensors: Class II
Communications: radio transceiver, drivesat comm array
Weapons: Light plasma cannon turret
Grappling Systems: grapplers x1
Auxiliary Craft: 1 shuttle pod or similar sized shuttle

Slow and Steady
The ships is designed to transport cargo, not speed or combat. For every 10,000 tons of cargo, reduce tactical speed by -500 ft, -1 penalty to Initiative. However any saves sensitive cargo needs (against vibrations, Fort saves, etc) gain +4 bonus.

Detachable Cargo Modules
The 8 cargo modules can be jettisoned in an emergency, such as critically damaged or dangerous cargo threatens the ship. A pod can be ejected as a move equivalent action and can be done as the ship is moving. Each jettisoned module reduces the ship's main hit points by 20 hp. If all 8 are jettisoned, the ship gains +1 to Init for the first round after detaching. Speed can be increased to 4000 ft for 5 minutes at a time, with 10 minute cool down if all pods are jettisoned. Jettisoned pods can only be reattached at a space dock.

Ok, dumb question... anybody here knows if there's anybody who could star the d&d cartoon kids for D20M?

I know there is a booklet with stars for them for 3.5 DnD, but dunno how smooth it would be to put them in Modern.

kronos182

Adventurer
I know there's info somewhere that will give instructions on transferring D&D 3.5 to d20 modern.. if we can find that, I could do that if I had the stats for the d&d kids.

kronos182

Adventurer
Well, I think i have some luck finding the D&D 'toon book, but no "how to convert D&D to D20M" rules.

I think I might have said rules in my horde of pdfs.. I'll have to look through them (several hundred of them) and see if I do have it. But if you do find the d&d toon book, email it to me and I'll work on it.

Remove ads