CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Depends on the specific location. Example: The Pokemon island chain/pocket dimension is smack in the middle of the way between Japan and Hawaii, so any transportation that goes between those two points will need to go around a bubble of about 200 nautical miles otherwise they will need to deal with an additional three or four days' trip as they go through.

picture2_5.jpg

For the time being, let's say the island chain's bubble is in that spot marked "43 Million Years".

In the case of Hyrule, it's not visible until you enter it, and it "expands" the area of the Pennsylvania Wilds (or the Allegheny National Forest, haven't completely decided yet) by a few hundred miles. The bubble that encases it would probably reach 5 to seven thousand feet high (still thinking that part over)? Dimensional portals probably open to specific locations within Hyrule, like a portal that is meant to go to the Water Plane drops you in the entrance of the Water Temple.

Hinthas

Explorer
Something I was using in my on again off again d20 Modern game. It's an operator's communications array called a Hyde Communications Array.

Consists of:
1. Ear piece with fiber mike boom.
2. HUD Lens with fiber optic relay remote / antenna receiver.
3. Wrist band Interface.
4. Hyde Receiver Unit.

Basic Programming for each Hyde Receiver Unit:
1. Office Suite for creating documents with voice to text.
2. Camera / Video Recording/Playback.
3. GPS Location and Azimuth Awareness with support program protocol.
4. Facial Recognition / Sensitive Item Database.
5. Multi Channel Voice Communication / Scramble.
6. Remote Viewing / Hearing.
7. Dust Off Request focused on unit's location.
8. Defense Network secure internet operating and messaging system.
9. IFF Transmitter / Reciever.

Fire Support programming called Red Leg Protocol System.
1. Range Finder.
2. Multi Platform Fire Support TacFire Node Delegate capable of interfacing with in theater fire support assets.
3. Organic When Ready Sniper Support.

Medical Program Suite called Caduceus Protocol System.
1. Medical Encyclopedia and Procedures PDF Library.
2. Tele-Surgery with holographic overlay.
3. 9 Line Medevac Request (Autofill w/ Basic Programming #3).
4. Mike boom sonic echo burst w/ digital interpretation and holographic overlay.

My players are having a blast with this and I can do mission playbacks or refresh their memories by a successfull Use Device check. And I've been using random messages through the character's DefNet System to introduce other personalities.

Remove ads