CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
The Magellan actually stopped being the main battleship of the Earth Federation pretty early on, with Operation Stardust being the last gasp for that style of battleship. Now the Earth Federation would continue to use the design for a while, but it would be replaced in the next decade or so with the likes of the Dogosse Giar-class, Irish-class and finally the Ra Calium-class, which would be used for the rest of the Earth Federation's lifespan. So upon appearing on Coreline, the Earth Federation would have a minority of Magellan-class vessels and a majority of Ra Calium-class vessels in their battleship ranks.

I think you did a good job on the stats.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
YMS-03 Waff

MS-04 Bugu

Mobile Suit Gundam Origin has a lot of interesting mobile suits that don't appear in the original Universal Century timeline. I find the MS-04 particularly interesting because it is actually a prototype that is stronger than the later mass-production mobile weapons, like the Gundam is to the GM. It might see some use in Coreline as a sort of budget ace custom. The Waff might see some use as a work-type mobile suit, being mass-produced as MS-03 by factions with few mobile suits. Mobile Suit Gundam Origin has other interesting mobile weapons, like variant Gundams.

kronos182

Adventurer
The Magellan actually stopped being the main battleship of the Earth Federation pretty early on, with Operation Stardust being the last gasp for that style of battleship. Now the Earth Federation would continue to use the design for a while, but it would be replaced in the next decade or so with the likes of the Dogosse Giar-class, Irish-class and finally the Ra Calium-class, which would be used for the rest of the Earth Federation's lifespan. So upon appearing on Coreline, the Earth Federation would have a minority of Magellan-class vessels and a majority of Ra Calium-class vessels in their battleship ranks.

I think you did a good job on the stats.

The fluff I used from the wikia/mahq.net sites. the mk2 was my own estimates of what an upgraded model would be given that they didn't really specify what upgrades were (other than strapping some external racks). I at least made it so the ship could resupply its carried mechs and rb-79s in the field, although slower, and gave it a little more bite with a few torpedoes.
A smart commander will find ways to use the torpedoes other than just firing them off straight at the target.

I'll look into Mobile Suit Gundam Origin. I still have lots of things to work on, slowly getting through my list (the rest of the rx-7x series for example), more SW stuff.. more WH40k stuff.. and things that happen to grab my attention.

kronos182

Adventurer
Hydra Scientist
Hydra Scientists are the ones that develop new weapons and technology for Hydra, as well as research the occult for ways to give them a greater edge. The large backpacks they carry holds many medicines, drugs and scientific equipment as well as equipment for repairing the equipment of soldiers working with them.

Low Level Hydra Scientist (Smart Ord 1/Dedicated Ord 1)
CR 1;
Size: Medium-sized Human;
HD: 1d6-1 plus 1d66-1; hp 5
Mas: 8
Init: +1
Speed: 30 ft
Defense: 14, Touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, +1 Class, +2 Hydra Light Armour)
BAB: +0
Grapple: +0
Attack: +0 melee (1d3 nonlethal, unarmed strike), or +1 ranged (2d6 Talon pistol)
Full Attack: +0 melee (1d3 nonlethal, unarmed strike), or +1 ranged (2d6 Talon pistol)
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: For the Cause, Hydra Training, Experimental Serum Testing
FS: 5 ft by 5 ft
Reach: 5 ft
Allegiance: Hydra
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4.
Action Points: 0
Rep: +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 8, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 13
Occupation: Technician (Craft electronic, Knowledge technology, Research)
Skills: Computer Use +6, Craft (chemical) +8, Craft (electric) +9, Demolitions +4, Disable Device +6, Investigate +7, Knowledge (arcane lore) +4, Knowledge (earth and life sciences) +7, Knowledge (physical sciences) +9, Knowledge (popular culture) +4, Knowledge (technology) +10, Profession +3, Read/Write English, Read/Write German, Speak English, Speak German, Research +6, Search +3.
Feats: Armour Proficiency (light), Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Builder, Educated (knowledge physical sciences, knowledge technology).
Possessions: Hydra Light Armour, Talon Pistol, 4 ammunition clips, 5 chemical doses for Talon Pistol, 2d6 uses of various medical or drugs, scientific kits or portable lab, various scientific and medical gear and personal possessions.

Mid Level Hydra Scientist (Strong Ord 3/Fast Ord 3)
CR 5;
Size: Medium-sized Human;
HD: 3d6-3 plus 3d6-3; hp 15
Mas: 8
Init: +1
Speed: 30 ft
Defense: 16, Touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex, +3 Class, +2 Hydra Light Armour)
BAB: +3
Grapple: +3
Attack: +3 melee (1d3 nonlethal, unarmed strike), or +4 ranged (2d6 Talon pistol)
Full Attack: +3 melee (1d3 nonlethal, unarmed strike), or +4 ranged (2d6 Talon pistol)
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: For the Cause, Hydra Training, Experimental Serum Testing
FS: 5 ft by 5 ft
Reach: 5 ft
Allegiance: Hydra
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2.
Action Points: 0
Rep: +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 8, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 13
Occupation: Technician (Craft electronic, Knowledge technology, Research)
Skills: Computer Use +9, Craft (chemical) +11, Craft (electric) +15, Demolitions +7, Disable Device +9, Investigate +12, Knowledge (arcane lore) +9, Knowledge (earth and life sciences) +11, Knowledge (physical sciences) +14, Knowledge (popular culture) +5, Knowledge (technology) +15, Profession +5, Read/Write English, Read/Write German, Speak English, Speak German, Research +9, Search +5, Treat Injury +6.
Feats: Armour Proficiency (light), Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Builder, Educated (knowledge physical sciences, knowledge technology).
Possessions: Hydra Light Armour, Talon Pistol, 4 ammunition clips, 5 chemical doses for Talon Pistol, 2d6 uses of various medical or drugs, scientific kits or portable lab, various scientific and medical gear and personal possessions.

For the Cause
As a move equivalent action, using training and Indoctoration techniques used by Hydra, the Rifle Trooper gains +1 to attack rolls for the next 1d4+1 rounds. If the Rifle Trooper has suffered damage and rests for at least 2 rounds, can heal 1d4 hit points. Useable 3 times per day.

Hydra Training
Hydra trains its soldiers fairly well, particularly in light armour and how to aim and fire their weapons better. Gains Light Armour Proficiency, and +1 to attack rolls with Hydra ranged weapons.

Experimental Serum Testing
The Hydra Scientist experiments with various chemicals, poisons and medications to try creating anything that can better fellow Hydra solders. Any time the Hydra Scientist uses any kind of chemical with a variable effect, the Scientist can make a Intelligence check DC 15 and can double the variable die. For example, if applying a healing chemical to a wounded soldier would normally heal 1d4 hit points, with a successful Intelligence check, can heal 2d4 instead.

Talon Pistol
The Talon pistol is the weapon issued to noncombat members, a 9mm pistol with a chemical reservoir on the back that can coat ammunition, typically with injury poisons or other chemicals.

Talon Pistol (PL 5 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d6
Critical: 20x2
Damage Type: ballistic
Range Increment: 40 ft
Rate of Fire: S
Size: Small
Weight: 2.6 lbs
Ammo: 8 box plus 5 doses
Purchase DC: 16 Res (+2)
Notes: Chemical reservoir that can coat ammunition with a chemical, poison or toxin. Typically injury poisons or other chemicals used. Save DCs are reduced by 1 for any applied poisons or chemicals. Selecting to apply a chemical is a free action that must be done before the attack roll is made. Loading a single dose is a move action unless a speed loader is used.

Anti-Coagulant Chemical
This chemical can be applied to weapons, ammunition or injected into a target. The target must make a Fortitude save DC 16, or any time they suffer damage from a weapon, traps, energy attacks, or falling, but not from poisons, toxins or diseases, the target suffers 1 point of damage for 1d4 rounds, which stacks with multiple attacks, similar to the wounding ability. This damage can be stopped earlier with a successful Heal check DC 18, or by magical healing. Abilities such as Fast Healing doesn't cancel this damage, but Regeneration does.

Hydra Synergies
Hydra troops are trained to work together and this team work allows them to function more efficiently and even grant bonuses. These can be used for a little variation in fights against Hydra, or to make an encounter a little harder.

Hydra Snipers
If at least one other type of Hydra agent is within 30 feet (Scientist, Rifle Trooper, Vanguard, Soldier, Armoured Guard, Cannon Trooper, Power Armour Trooper, or other agents), all the Sniper and other agents gain +1 to Initiative.

Hydra Soldier
If at least one other type of Hydra agent is within 30 feet, and an ally makes an attack against an enemy within 30 feet of the Soldier, the Soldier can use an attack of opportunity to attack the same target with a ranged weapon, at -5 to attack roll, but also suffers a -2 to Defense on the next round.

Hydra Scientist
If the Scientist is within 30 feet of at least 2 other types of Hydra agents, when they use the Treat Injury or use equipment, spell or other means to restore hit points of an ally or themselves, they heal an extra 50% hit points.

Hydra Vanguard
If at least three different types of Hydra agents are within 30 feet of the Vanguard, those Hydra agents on a successful critical hit can Daze the target if the target fails a Fort save DC 14.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I am wondering whether mobile weapon defenses like the I-field, the beam coating and the "Yata-no-Kagami" Anti-beam Defensive Reflection System should effect other particle-based weapons, like the PPC and phasers?

I was thinking of what a mobile weapon built specifically for fighting battlemechs might look like. For one thing armor may be emphasized.

Last edited:

There is also the inverse. What would an anti-Gundam 'Mech would look like?

One of the big issues is the higher mobility. Second big issue, I guess, is that many of them have really crazy weapons.

Lord Zack

Explorer
There's also crazy defenses too, like Gundanium armor. You'd need something heavy duty, like a PPC to stand a chance of getting through that.

I think you'd need something like that is to 'Mechs as Gundams are to regular mobile weapons.

kronos182

Adventurer
Preferably something that hits very hard and precise with LOS. Most of the G-verses have some doohickey that ruins radar.
other ways to detect stuff.. LIDAR, EM fields, visually, gravity.. mind you at great distances makes some of these methods more difficult or moot..

Oh.. other ways to defeat gundams.. psionics, gravity (just increased gravity or a black hole), magic.
Also.. you don't need to destroy a gundam to stop it..

Remove ads