CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
I seriously think Coreline needs a wiki to help keep the ideas everybody is coming up with organized.

the Divine Crusaders

The Divine Crusaders are an organization from the Super Robot series of video games. They were founded by Bian Zoldark to fight off alien threats. In Coreline this has taken on a whole new magnitude, with the shear number of such threats. Therefore, the Divine Crusaders are seeking new allies.

In most cases, the Divine Crusaders are made up of villainous elements, but this is not always the case. The alphaverse Divine Crusaders are allies of the good guys in that universe and thus have become an ally to all who seek to defend the earth from alien threats. In addition there are many splinter groups, some of which do not hold to the high standards of their founder, led by such unscrupulous personages as Adler Koch (from SRW OGs), Ghiren Zabi and Paptimus Scirocco.

As they are a coalition of allies they use many different kinds of equipment. From mobile suits and mobile armors from the Gundam series, to Mechabeasts and similar robots created by Doctor Hell (from the Mazinger series) and others and many more, they have whatever the organizations that have banded together to form the DC have and in many cases have combined they're resources to mass produce machines that they only had prototypes of before. The Divine Crusaders also have their own unique mechs, such as the super powerful Granzon, thought to be able to destroy the Earth by itself and the Valsion, Bian Zoldark's personal mech, as well as a line of mass-produced "Armored Modules" including the Lion, Barrelion and Guarlion.

The Divine Crusaders are likely to be foes of the player characters, especially if they are members of such organizations as the before mentioned Londo Bell. However there is the possibility of a team-up against alien threats, or even joining the group and trying to guide it to more benevolent ends. Even allies of the DC should beware the internal politics of the group, because even if they're on the side of angels, chance are many of their comrades won't be, and will be more than willing to stab the PCs in the back if it would further their aims.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been reading through the thread. I haven't gotten through it all so when writing this post there might be missing some things. I don't necessarily agree with some of the implementations of Gundam related series.

ZAFT being disassembled by the other colonies? That's extremely unlikely, even if ZAFT is weakened by other fictions beforehand. The only other military force in the colonies themselves that could even begin to stand up to ZAFT is the Principality of Zeon or the Neo Zeon Movements. The Earth Federation/Alliance or whatever other form of it might exist is probably far too busy dealing with things on Earth. They might not even exist except for a few scattered fleets, and a couple of power centers (such as the Federation Assembly at Dakar). The Titans might want to subject the colonies, but would likely be kept in check by Zeon, the AEUG as well as ZAFT itself, amongst others. I don't see the colonies having any united government at all, really. Even if it did I might imagine the other colonies looking up to ZAFT for protection from Earthnoid tyranny and the depredations of the Zabis. Either that they'd unite under President Midcrid of the United Colonies from the Super Robot Wars series, who is known for his charisma, but in that case the PLANTs would likely willingly join the United Colonies, and ZAFT would likely operate as a part of the United Colony Corps (who are allies of the Divine Crusaders). For that matter ZAFT's Neutron Jammers might actually stop other mobile suits from using they're reactors, in which case the others would absolutely strive to attain Neutron Jammer Cancellers ASAP. Not to say that ZAFT might not takes losses to more powerful fictions, but I think it unlikely they would disband completely.

In addition, it seems that you're unaware of Anahiem Electronics from UC Gundam. I'll probably create a write-up for it soon as well as many other things (Anaheim Electronics is a Moon-based company, and I have some ideas regarding the moon...). However, not only would they build mobile suits as well as Morgenrote, they likely produce far more, as well as many, many other products, from consumer electronics to cosmetics, tourism and credit services.

"Lagrange Colonies" isn't a very good name, as generally anything stationary in earth orbit is likely to be in a Lagrange point. Collectively they should be called just "the Colonies" or perhaps the "Earth Sphere colonies". As I said before I don't think the colonies would necessarily have one government. Side 3 would be ruled by the Principality of Zeon, along with any other territories the Zabis have managed to hold on to, and the Sides would be spread out in all the Lagrange points. I've already said what I'm going to say about the PLANTS. Likely many colonies would be taken over by various other factions.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Not to imply that this is this only way to do things, or you're "wrong".

Last edited:

I will be honest to you: Concerning the Gundam franchise, the only Universal Century-based thing I have seen is the 'War In The Pocket' OVA. I have seen Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, Gundam 00, Gundam Wing and G Gundam... and a few of these a long time ago.

So... any additional ideas concerning Gundam, I will be more than glad to hear. The ones you've had so far are pretty damn cool.

There's a few I haven't gotten around to make much of, such as Celestial Being being around and it having become Orb's 'Dirty Tricks' team on the meanwhile between the Vanishing and 'modern day'.

Here's the write-up for the Coordinator Race done insofar. Now, what we need is Innovators/Innovades and Newtypes...

"Eugene never suffered from the routine discrimination of a 'utero', or a 'faith birth' or an 'in-valid' as we were called. A 'valid', a 'vitro', a 'made-man', he suffered under a different burden... the burden of perfection."-Vincent Freeman, 'Gattaca'.

HOMINDAE COORDINATUS (Gundam SEED-verse 'Coordinator' Race).

In every version of the Gundam series, the reasons for war run deep. There's political reasons, economical reasons, and the fact that the leaders of most factions are charismatic sociopaths helps a lot, too.

But there were also biological reasons. One side developing something that separated them, that put them head and shoulders over the common man, and so, made them feel 'right'.

In the Universal Century, it was the appearance of Newtypes.
On the Cosmic Era, it was the Coordinators. Genetically modified (during embryonic phase) to be the peak of human development, they are stronger, faster, quicker-thinking and (after a fashion) nastier in a fight than the normal Gundamverse human (although this varies widely between base universes).

The term was coined from the 'disclosure' speech of the first recorded Coordinator, George Miller, who precluded it with:

"I feel that I'm a connection between Earth and Space. A bridge..."

If Miller had been anyone else but the goody-two-shoes he was, the idea of the Coordinator enhancement would have been nothing but a fad. As it was, soon a they were a large number, enough to become a population of their own.

And, soon after, all kinds of Hell broke loose. One just has to see the series to note how bad it was (that is, if you can find a DVD they haven't used for skeet practice).

When they appeared in Coreline, like most other factions/races, they were brutally humbled. The majority of the Earthside ZAFT forces were located in Gibraltar, which was quickly taken over by Cortana's forces, and over on space, the brutal free-for-all took down many more of their number.

ZAFT was subsequently disbanded by the LaGrange Colonies' government and almost all of the 'bad guys' were quietly captured, tried and/or executed by Black Ops units (Colonial and Coreline). After that, the 'Coords' were recieved with arms wide open.

By the common Fiction, at least.

A good number of evil Factions, such as the Avengers of Humanity and the Knights of the True Timeline, have started to degrade them because of their gene-mod background (calling them 'Gattacas', among other things). Blue Cosmos reorganized and went deeper underground, supporting Newtype causes (because Newtypes naturally developed their abilities, and so Blue Cosmos see them as the 'true' (from a Gundamverse POV) evolution of mankind). And there's still enough runaway 'evil' ZAFT forces to form a small army (which they did).

But, if there's one thing that they were made for, is to endure and adapt. And this they are doing with swiftness.

Ability Modifiers: +2 STR, +4 Dex, +2 Con

Base Speed: 30ft

Resist Disease: Coordinators are resistant to most types of natural diseases, except for those that are alien in nature or engineered to target the Coordinators. They are also similarly resistant to poisons and radiation poisioning. Coordinators gain +4 to Fortitude saves against disease, poison, and radiation.

Incredible Reflexes: Coordinators are much more dextrous and quick-thinking than naturals. This alacrity provides them with a +2 dodge bonus to AC which applies even when fighting in a Mecha (but not in a starship).

Quick Mind: Coordinators can perform Computer Use and Research Checks faster than Naturals, as their minds process and absorb the information faster. The time required for any Computer Use or Research Check for a Coordinator is reduced by 50% (Minimum 1 full round). For Computer Use checks to find a file or break security, the time is instead reduced to a maximum of 1 minute.

SEED Mode: The Coordinator was born with a rare gene, allowing him to go into a state of almost perfect clarity. Once per day, for 1 round/level (Not ECL), The Coordinator may act as if hasted, as well as gaining a +4 insight bonus to attack rolls, saves, and Defense. If he doesn't make at least one attack roll or move towards an enemy every round, the SEED deactivates.

Choosing SEED Mode increases the ECL of a Coordinator by +1, to a total ECL+4.

HAWAII: IF YOU LIVED HERE; YOU WOULD (PROBABLY) BE DEAD BY NOW.

There is no doubt that, of the entire Coreline, the United States of America was one of the (relatively) harder-hit countries (it was the one hit with the most nuke-like attacks during the 23 Hours, for example). Example of all of this, one must go no further than Hawaii. It was once a paradise on Earth.

Now, well...

Following is a small list of changes that have occured in Hawaii:

*HAWAII ISLAND: It has become a massive Zerg and Starship Trooperverse Arachnid 'hive'. Reprogramming into the 'telepathic network' of the Bugs by CLULESS prevents them from leaving the island (if they do, they die from massive nervous failure).

*LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE: These two islands were completely devastated by Fiction actions (Lanai by a massive barrage of Kamehamehas by Alternates of the Son family (who were quite freakin' crazy) and Kahoolawe by a massive battle between the LaGrange Colonies and Gundamverse EarthFed forces).

*MAUI: Remains untouched, although the crime rate has risen significantly with access to all sorts of Fiction-related illicit goods.

*MOLOKAI: Was conquered by supernatural (Demonic) Fictions.

*OAHU: Inside the cities, the island remains the same as before the Hours.... well, except for the increase on crime, which is barely-stymied by such folks as the 'Five-O' Strike Force. However, on the jungles outside the cities, 'The Others' (from the 'Lost' universes) have pretty much taken over, and they definitely do NOT like outsiders.
And then there's the monsters. Anything from good (and BAD) versions of Jumba Jookiba's Experiments, to shape-shifting, Mind Screwing 'smoke monsters'.

*KAWAI: It's the only island that truly remains untouched by it all. If anything, the state of all the other islands has made tourism to Kawai raise significantly.

*NIIHAU: Was destroyed by a Giga Slave. The Alternate of Lina Inverse that did so was subsequently lynched, giving no explanation for her action whatsoever (and if she did, there is no record of it).

THE OTHERS

Agenda: Unknown. Probably they're doing all of their actions to convince people to leave them alone.
Structure: Unknown. Probably democratic, or at least somewhat military-like.
Symbol: The DHARMA Initiative Bagua (a sort of octagon).
Most Common Allegiances: The Others.
Requisition Limit: 33 (Restricted).

Nobody really knows everything about The Others. They say that they want to be left alone. They say that they do not want to harm you. They say that, if you cooperate, they will leave you be.
What is true is, that those that contacted them were severely changed by the experience, subjected to mind games that would make Patrick McGoohan blow his brains out. They are manipulative to an extreme, and they have eyes all over the jungles of Oahu.

That is what is known about them.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I'd actually think that Celestial Being would work with Terminal, which is supported by ORB, instead of being directly affiliated with them. The Preventers, and thus probably also the Gundam Pilots, from the After Colony timeline, would probably also work with Terminal and Celestial Being.

Also I think that the Earth Federation and similar governments from other Gundam series and similar series might decide to band together to stand a better chance of surviving. In fact they might ally themselves with one or more interstellar governments that are (at least theoretically) based on Earth, such as the United Earth Directorate or United Federation of Planets. Of course the idea that they "govern" the Earth is really a falsehood, since no one faction has control over Coreline. Their influence would extend pretty much only as far as the reach of their armed forces.

I'm planning to do write up of two corporations, Anaheim Electronics from UC Gundam, and Mao Industries from the Super Robot Wars series. I might try to stat out a few of what would likely be they're most popular products in Coreline, though I'm not very familiar with the d20 Modern Mecha rules.

Last edited:

I'd suggest you to start small. Like statting out a few vehicles and other gadgets that they make beforehand (cars, APCs, tanks, guns, whatever) before tackling the Mecha.

Lord knows that it's a mite hard for me to figure THAT part out, as well.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Anaheim Electronics

Anaheim Electronics is a company devoted to the manufacturing of electronic goods. They are involved in a number of technological applications, from consumer electronics, to warship manufacturing to the creation of space colonies and they have even expanded beyond electronics to produce other products as well. After the One Year War they obtained the assets of the Zeonic, Zimmad and MIP companies who had produced mobile weapons for the Principality of Zeon. This allowed them to produce their own mobile suits for the Earth Federation.

During the 23 hours, Anaheim Electronics was lucky to emerge mostly unscathed. They then began to work on getting involved in the new markets they found available to themselves. They will sell to pretty much anyone who can afford their products, even on both sides of a conflict. For the remnants of the Earth Federation they produce mobile suits such as the RGM-89 Jegan and RGM-122 Javelin. Despite the fact that the Jegan is far older and thus less advanced than the Javelin, the depleted forces of the Earth Federation simply cannot afford to field only the newest and most advanced mobile suits. Many of the most advanced mobile suits Anaheim provides to the Earth Federation go to Londo Bell, and Londo Bell uses the Jegan extensively. To certain smaller groups with relatively little resources, such as paramilitary groups, Zeon and Divine Crusader splinter groups and mercenary companies, they provide the AMS-119 Geara Doga that is used by the Second Neo Zeon from Char's Counterattack and other, similar mobile suits. They also produce mobile suits for the Principality of Zeon itself. They produce Gundams for those who can afford such mobile suits, often production models based on the RXF-91 Silhouette Gundam (a knockoff of SNRI's F91 Gundam F91, it's self under limited production). They are rumored to have produced several RX-99 Neo Gundams (products of the Silhouette Project, like the RXF-91) for Londo Bell, who originally had two that where destroyed.

Their headquarters are at the lunar city of Anaheim from which it takes its name. They also have facilities in other lunar cities, such as Von Braun and Granada. One of their most exceptional production facilities is in fact not a fixed facility at all , but rather the factory ship La Vie en Rose. This ship is able to produce and repair mobile suits and even serve as a spacedock to repair damaged warships. It is rumored that Anaheim may be producing other ships of the class to deal with the increased demand for production.

All in all Anaheim Electronics is faring quite well in Coreline. Their products are used through the Earth Sphere and it's not unknown for two forces both equipped primarily by Anaheim to fight. This war profiteering stance has gained them some enemies however. They face competition from SNRI (a military research institute directly affiliated with the Earth Federation), even though Anaheim is responsible for manufacturing most of their mobile suits. However in Coreline, the Earth Federation is forced to use more Anaheim developed mobile suits due to it's weakened state. It is rumored that Anaheim is researching technology of other fictions (incuding engaging in corporate espionage against other companies) to develop a new paradigm of mobile suit that will force the Earth Federation to rely on Anaheim once again. Orb refuses to deal with Anaheim, instead using the services of Morgenroate. Celestial Being has targeted them and dealt damage to many of their facilities. In response Anaheim has turned to mercenaries, providing them with equipment and paying them large amounts of money in exchange for protection.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
That's no Moon!

No, Coreline's moon hasn't been replaced by a Death Star, but large portions of the core have been replaced by artificial installations, such as the ship of the Spiral King Lord Genome, Cathedral Terra and the ship of the human-like Fury race, from Super Robot Wars Judgement. This may explain why the moon does not produce enough Blutz Waves to induce a Oozaru transformation in Sayians.

The Fury were quite confused to find that their vessel had been fused with a very different one. The chaos that ensued prevented them from making any major moves for a while, but now they are ready to continue they're mission to reclaim the planet for themselves. They see humankind as a accident of evolution, fit only to be purged. The fact that their mission has become a lot harder has doe little to deter them. Their mechs are quite formidable in and of themselves, but their true strength comes from their Larseilam system. This system allows them to stop time, allowing them to destroy their enemies without opposition. Fortunately, it is only equipped on certain Fury mechs. Some have been able to survive encounters with the Fury and learn to recognize these mechs, particularly amongst the Ghingham Fleet of the Moon Race who have prove to be amongst the Furies' most tenacious opponents, allowing them to react and disable or drive off these mechs before they can activate the system. There is also the Larseilam Canceller, but it would take a while to explain that and I want to focus on other subjects for now.

These two major installations may connect to lesser ones, like the Moon Cradle, the Blue Side of the Moon and Celestial Being's Moon Terminal.

the Moon Cradle

The Moon Cradle is one of two (along with the Earth Cradle) human made installations from the Super Robot Wars series meant to preserve lifeforms in case of alien attack. It is nearly impervious to attack, and can hold large numbers of humans beings in cryostasis or without along with having the genomes of many species. It even has facilities for the construction of mechs. It has often been a target for groups like the Divine Crusaders and alien races, even taken over for a time by the Zuvorg Alliances' Civilization Inspectors, due to the ease of using it as a heavily fortified base.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Remove ads