CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Restrictions could be something like you need to go through at impulse speed (activating FTL to go through gets you a blind jump/"hyperspace skip" at BEST), you also need to do some FTL calculations before going through (again, not doing them counts as a blind jump), energy disruption forces a full system reset after going through (so even the biggest and most shielded ships are dead in the water for about thirty seconds or so) and ships get "lit up" even with the best cloaking systems. Maybe other weird sideeffects if a bad jump happens like random mutations or something.

If you wanna send a warship through with full intent to open fire the moment you cross, it has to be an incredibly tough girl to withstand those thirty seconds and have enough firepower to make anybody regret trying to shoot her during them.

I would say Hyperdrives wouldn't work through the wormhole.
The reason being you need to input the coordinates of point A and point B, with calculations of things like gravity wells from planets, known blackholes and other anomalies.. the problem becomes if you say point A is one said Y of the wormhole, and point B is on side X, the hyperdrive will try to calculate a route normally.. it wouldn't take into affect a wormhole, not without a lot of programming.

Just make it flat out this wormhole has these effects..
Takes x rounds to travel through the wormhole at safe speed (2500 ft/rd) with a Pilot check DC 15 using established path laid out by navigation buoys at each end.
1) Speed restriction of 2500 ft/rd (let's say this is one-quarter impulse speed) or suffer 1d20 per 500 ft over 2500 ft/round, points of damage direct to hull, bypasses damage reduction per round of travel through the wormhole. So a ship travelling at 3000 ft would suffer 1d20 damage.
A Pilot check of say DC 15 +1 per 500 ft of speed over 2500 ft can reduce damage by half, but this DC increases each time the ship fails the Pilot check.
2) Due to energy fluctuation, discharges, other particles/graviton waves, etc, energy shields, defense fields, cloaks don't work while in the wormhole. Sensors are at one-quarter range, targeting systems grant half bonus. Can't use FTL drives, hyperdrives (Nav Comps can't calculate due to the wormhole gravity well), warp drives can't form warp field, etc.
3) Tractor beams that don't use gravitons work in the wormhole (some groups can tow ships while some can't due to the type of tractor beam systems they use).
4) Upon exiting either side of wormhole, due to energy flux of the aperture opening/closing, Sensors, targeting systems at half range, energy defense systems (shields, fields, cloaks) are inoperative, engines at half speed for x rounds (say 1d6x5 maybe? that would be a minimum of 30 seconds to 180 seconds or 2 minutes). Also FTL systems are inoperative during this time. Repair & Computer use checks DC xx can reduce the time by half.
5) Piloting through the wormhole without downloading info from nav buoys is DC 18 +1 per 500 ft over 2500 ft of speed, each round of travel.
6) Combat in wormhole is dangerous.. Energy weapons deal 50% more damage to target PLUS 50% damage to the ship firing. Same with explosions. Projectile weapons suffer -2 to attack rolls due to gravitons/whatever causing physical weapons to not fly straight. Each time a ship is damaged by weapons fire (their own or enemy) the Pilot check each round is increased by +1. Failed Pilot checks ship suffers 1d20 points of damage as if they were traveling faster than 2500 ft and failed check.
7) The wormhole is only z feet/miles big (width and height, length is how many rounds x 2500 ft at safe speed), so restrictions in how big a ship can be to enter the wormhole, and how much room there is to move around (so nothing the size of the deathstar).

kronos182

Adventurer
OK, that sounds good.
Can make that the general rule for any wormhole (keep things simple), or modify to suit any other wormholes.. like the Gamma Quadrant one probably won't have combat is dangerous option.. but maybe one that connects other areas can be combat is SUPER deadly with damage being triple or more. And some wormholes can have no speed restrictions, but are really hard to navigate safely.. go slower for safer travel, but still difficult or rush through as fast as you can.

kronos182

Adventurer
OK, so... the only "rule" in the DS9 wormhole is "no speeding"? In canon?
From what I remember and seen in the series (currently re-watching it), I haven't seen a cloaked ship enter the wormhole, it was always after exiting they'd cloak. They do have to pay attention while inside piloting as there are currents and eddies that can cause navigational problems (damage to the ship and to the prophets).
Sensor range and communications is limited unless you communicate through the nav/communications satellites on the other side, you can't see what's on the other side except what any satellite or station on the other side sees. Also when they come out on either side takes a couple of seconds for navigational systems to adjust to the new area as you're moving from one quadrant to another, over 50-70 THOUSAND light years apart.

Oh yeah, minor detail because of a story I'm writing.

The computer language that many GFFA computers use as standard was named "JohnstoCrane" by Sillicon Valley-types on the Core Timeline (after Joe Johnston (as in the director -- he was visual effects artist before that) and Stephen Crane of West End Games). It's easy to know which computers run on JohnstoCrane because their standard language setup is Aurebesh. Because the Galazy Far, Far Away doesn't seems to run on Windows even by the time of "Rise of Skywalker" my assumption is that JohnstoCrane is something like BASIC or C++.

kronos182

Adventurer
Oh yeah, minor detail because of a story I'm writing.

The computer language that many GFFA computers use as standard was named "JohnstoCrane" by Sillicon Valley-types on the Core Timeline (after Joe Johnston (as in the director -- he was visual effects artist before that) and Stephen Crane of West End Games). It's easy to know which computers run on JohnstoCrane because their standard language setup is Aurebesh. Because the Galazy Far, Far Away doesn't seems to run on Windows even by the time of "Rise of Skywalker" my assumption is that JohnstoCrane is something like BASIC or C++.
I think it's a little more advanced than BASIC or C++.. considering that programming runs stuff like targeting computers, Navi-Comps, droid artificial intelligence.. I'd say about as advance as Federation, but done differently.. Like you can't just use a Windows system to just interface with a computer system using JohnstoCrane.. you'd have to create special interface system, and it'd be slow and need translating.. and visa-versa. But a Federation computer could probably set up an interface system faster between it and JohnstoCrane. Although I think our systems could probably handle the hardware aspect of the interface better than Federation as the Federation has been so used to wireless systems for too long, so the use of complinks might stump them for a bit.
Now I'm wondering what exactly the Federation uses.. I know in 23rd century they're using the LCARS systems but that's more the interface (the visual aspect of Windows, or maybe a better analog would be Android as it's all touch based, and a lot of stuff happens in the background never seen, but I've never programmed anything for Android before and we never see anyone in Star Trek actually coding..) Federation systems seems to be incredibly intuitive when programming but that could be due to the artificial intelligence written into Federation computers.

The LCARS interface is either called LCARS or Okuda (after Michael Okuda, the visual creator of TNG) depending on the guy, and I guess it's Android Twenty Billion (adjusted for both the way Trek tech has evolved in terms of computing and obviously being a few hundred years in the future). You can see Android as a root once you start looking over the raw code but it's much more advanced.

There is also Jeffries, the code of more old ships (like TOS).

JohnstoCrane is more advanced than C++ because of all the crazy crap it runs but it still goes all "40 goes to 10, 10 goes to 90, execute". If the interface wasn't all in Aurebesh it probably would look a bit like the terminals in the "Fallout" series.

kronos182

Adventurer
A few Imperial of Man lasrifle patterns... I'll have some more WH40k stuff up in the near future like the lascannon, perhaps some of the Imperial's vehicles.

Lasgun
The lasgun is the Imperium of Man's standard laser rifle. It is a simple and reliable design that has been around for centuries and produced in the millions. It comes with iron sights and can alter its power level for a weaker shot, but increases the number of shots available, and has a bayonet lug for fitting a knife under the barrel for melee combat. The power packs for these weapons can be recharged by a number of ways, including sitting in the sun, normal recharging, or even placed in a high heat source such as a campfire.

Lasgun (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 3d8
Critical: 20x2
Damage Type: Fire
Range Increment: 80 ft
Rate of Fire: S
Size: Large
Weight: 9 lbs
Ammo: 50 box
Purchase DC: 20 Res (+2)
Notes: Low Power Setting, bayonet lug
Low Power Setting - the lasgun can be switched to two lower power settings, 2d8 which increases number of shots in the magazine by 50% (75 shots if none fired yet), or 1d8 with double number of shots (100 if none fired). Takes a free action to switch between the settings but can only do so once per round.

Patterns
Accatran Pattern Mk IV
This version is employed by Elysian Drop troops, who favour the lighter bullpup-style for its compact size and lighter weight. The power pack is loaded through the stock instead of under the body in front of the trigger and handle.
Size: Medium
Weight: 7 lbs
PDC: 21 Mil (+3)

Fractrix Pattern Assault Laser
This pattern is produced on the Forge World of Fractrix, capable of autofire and is designed to hold two power packs and has an autofire setting.
Rate of Fire: S, A
Weight: 11 lbs
Ammo: 2x50 boxes (total 100)
Notes: Holds 2 power packs.

Lucius Pattern No 98 Lasgun
This weapon is the signature weapon of the Death Korps of Krieg. It is designed to draw more power per shot, reducing its rate of fire and the number of shots per magazine. It has additional heat sinks and shielding around the barrel, making it heavier and attempts to compensate for the greater heat generated.
Damage: 3d8+6
Weight: 12 lbs
Ammo: 30 box.
PDC: 22 Mil (+3)
Note: Can not fire using any feats that increase number of shots per attack.

Sollex Pattern-IX "Death Light" Lasgun
The Sollex has a folding stock and designed to fire higher-energy blasters with greater penetration, however it has shorter range and reduced ammunition capacity. They are generally only found within the Mechanicus sect of Sollex.
Damage: 3d8+2
Size: Large with stock extended, medium with stock folded.
Range: 50 ft
Ammo: 25 box
PDC: 24 Mil (+3)
Notes: Ignores 3 points of hardness/DR

Lasburst Twin Lasgun
The lasburst twin lasgun is an old weapon, rarely seen as they were not as reliable and haven't been manufactured by the Imperium for millennia. The weapon has two laser rifles mounted side by side for double the fire power, but uses a standard power pack, reducing the number of shots by half.
Damage: 4d8+4
Ammo: 25 box.
PDC: 17 Rare (+5)
Notes: On a natural roll of 1 or 2 attack roll, the weapon over heats, dealing 1d4 fire damage to the user and is inoperative until repaired (Repair DC 15 and 1d4 minutes of work).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases