CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Gonna need to think. Guess it's pretty obvious that these guys are optimized for melee combat. Spikes, claws, can burp out smoke to try to sneak closer? Can climb walls, some maybe can glide. Leaders are obviously smarter than the regular goon-types, probably have some kind of "rallying cry" ability to bolster aggression. The ones who are smart enough to try to use weapons will obviously reach for blades or clubs and skew guns.

I'll see if I can throw something together stat wise soon and can go from there..

Lord Zack

Explorer

Okay, so mad scientists are a dime-a-dozen in Coreline, but the Spark is a little different. I am hoping that GURPS Girl Genius will eventually come out so I can see how they handle things mechanically, but story wise Sparks have great potential. Imagine you have a strong Spark and then they get an education at Starfleet Academy. Perhaps the reputation of Starfleet Engineers as being able to build replicators out of rocks would become less of an exaggeration? Or say Anaheim Electronics employed a Spark to work on their new Gundams?

There will also be Sparks working for themselves. Their tendencies to attract minions and fight amongst each other will certainly lead to a lot of chaos.

kronos182

Adventurer
I'll see if I can throw something together stat wise soon and can go from there..
So I was looking through the Menace Manual, there is a Fiend, Fleshraker (knife fiend) on page 38-39, that fits the basics to your critter..
archaic weapons proficiency, DR 10/ballistic (ignores first 10 points of damage of any non-ballistic weapon ((except energy)) ), death hunger (if it goes 24 hours without killing a human suffers 1d4 points of Con damage), fire resistance 20, immunity to slashing a piercing weapons, wounding weapon (any slashing weapon wielded has the wounding property). It's only a CR 3 critter.

Didn't knew about that guy. Guess it's a good start. The CR 3 version is the most basic "mook", though. Not really sure about the "death hunger" part, at least as a Con damage thing.... although something similar but does Int damage (so the ones who are bosses are the ones more kill-crazy, so we also add something like killing provides them with a temporal Int boost equal to.... dunno, half the CR of whatever they kill?) could work.

Considering the Spark, the easiest part is figuring out the advantages, maybe (at the very least we are talking enhanced intelligence, benefits to Intelligence, certain Intelligence skill rolls and I guess shortened build time for gadgets, at the very least). The part that is difficult is figuring out how to stat all of the idiosyncrasies (emphasis on "crazies") like the Madness Place, sleep-machine-building and the like. There is definitely something there that will need a lot of Will saves.

kronos182

Adventurer
Didn't knew about that guy. Guess it's a good start. The CR 3 version is the most basic "mook", though. Not really sure about the "death hunger" part, at least as a Con damage thing.... although something similar but does Int damage (so the ones who are bosses are the ones more kill-crazy, so we also add something like killing provides them with a temporal Int boost equal to.... dunno, half the CR of whatever they kill?) could work.

Considering the Spark, the easiest part is figuring out the advantages, maybe (at the very least we are talking enhanced intelligence, benefits to Intelligence, certain Intelligence skill rolls and I guess shortened build time for gadgets, at the very least). The part that is difficult is figuring out how to stat all of the idiosyncrasies (emphasis on "crazies") like the Madness Place, sleep-machine-building and the like. There is definitely something there that will need a lot of Will saves.

The spark I was thinking would be a template.. boost to Int sure, penalty to Wis (common sense), either a boost to Con or Str as many are strong or heartier (more hit points, more resistant). probably a few free feats related to engineering, or medical, depending on the spark's direction of their style.
Style would be a little harder to do.. but everything they do will have something to do with that style.. can be an element, creature type (like constructs, so robots, golems, etc or everything has to do with dogs..), so anything they create will be tied to that style in some way, and get bonuses to deal with such things (so if an element, bonus to resist damage from that type, knowledge checks, or Cha checks if a creature)..

AnimeSniper

Explorer
The spark I was thinking would be a template.. boost to Int sure, penalty to Wis (common sense), either a boost to Con or Str as many are strong or heartier (more hit points, more resistant). probably a few free feats related to engineering, or medical, depending on the spark's direction of their style.
Style would be a little harder to do.. but everything they do will have something to do with that style.. can be an element, creature type (like constructs, so robots, golems, etc or everything has to do with dogs..), so anything they create will be tied to that style in some way, and get bonuses to deal with such things (so if an element, bonus to resist damage from that type, knowledge checks, or Cha checks if a creature)..

Note that you could also include one-time bonuses to all SPARK related Skill Sets that give an advantage when understanding and then breaking the known and unknown laws of the universe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases