D&D 5E Could Use Some Help Fleshing Out A Mission

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Still need a map?
One of the Saltmarsh adventures is an "abandoned" monastery that nearly fills an island.

My one bit of advice is: don't have a crazy BBEG. Think of a more interesting motivation for whatever he's doing than "crazy" or "evil" or "doing it for the lulz". Motivations like "doing it to impress a love interest", "doing it for reasons he mistakenly thinks are good", "ends justifies the means", etc. are more interesting, IMHO.

ElterAgo

Explorer
My one bit of advice is: don't have a crazy BBEG. Think of a more interesting motivation for whatever he's doing than "crazy" or "evil" or "doing it for the lulz". ...

He isn't inherently crazy. That is a side effect of a particular item he is using. One of the PC's in the group will particularly like the powers of the item, but also has a great fear of magic that affects the mind. It will be interesting to see what he chooses to do.

ElterAgo

Explorer
No, I discovered the map the old-fashioned way.
I'm going to recommend you buy the book - or be a cheapskate like me and borrow it from the Public Library.
I probably would for a F2F game. Since this is on Roll20, I have to have a digital map. Scanning them never seems to give good enough definition.

Remove ads