Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
I agree BoD, we do need to spark some life here, I think if we get those T-shirts and some other things up it will get somethign tangible out to the members.

Nightcloak

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
...I believe the Essential Guide to a GM's Notebook thread should be stickied. Unfortunately, I can't do this myself, as I don't have Mod status yet.

Actually, I would hate to see my thread alone become a focus point. We have other good threads to highlight. Plus we should encourage others to add to what will hopefully be a "GMF Library" of sorts some day.

Perhaps we could place a GM advice thread with links to all community recomended threads. Then we can add future threads of others. A sort of catalog of links with discriptions.

Just building ideas here. What does everyone think?

Nightcloak said:
Actually, I would hate to see my thread alone become a focus point. We have other good threads to highlight. Plus we should encourage others to add to what will hopefully be a "GMF Library" of sorts some day.

Perhaps we could place a GM advice thread with links to all community recomended threads. Then we can add future threads of others. A sort of catalog of links with discriptions.

Good idea Night Cloak.

By the way, fellow Council Members, [shamelessplug]I think my old GMF campaign setting would be a great community project. We just need some people willing to dedicate time to make it work. But comon', you guys gotta admit that having a GMF campaign setting would be great.[/shamelessplug] :D

Catavarie

First Post
Nightcloak said:

I have to agree a Library Thread or even sub-board would be a great idea

Blade of Desecration said:
Good idea Night Cloak.

By the way, fellow Council Members, [shamelessplug]I think my old GMF campaign setting would be a great community project. We just need some people willing to dedicate time to make it work. But comon', you guys gotta admit that having a GMF campaign setting would be great.[/shamelessplug] :D

A GMF Campaign setting would rock, with all the talent we have here in our little yet growing community we could have a seriously kick arse setting

Just my 2 cents

ChaosEvoker

First Post
@Nightcloak
An excellent idea. It would make a good refference point for many people.

@BoD
I fully agree. I think if we got a campaign setting done, and it was good, we could seriously make a name for ourselves. It would be fun to do, and we could field test it on all our players.... :]

Nyaricus

First Post
hey guys!

Just thought i'd chime in with a word or two of encouragement and say that you guys are doing awesome, and i like the ideas that are working out here. I will add in more later, but for now i got to go to sleep - working at 7am tomorow X_X

Xen155

First Post
Far too long, stupid intrests and annoying side goals have kept me away from what I really enjoy, so if you'll still have me... Im back.

*intones solemnly* Once a GMFer, always a GMFer.

By the way everyone, we just hit thread #87. :uhoh: WOW, I'd had no idea we had that many...

Or that with this post, I have 411 posts on ENWorld. And all of them have been in various GMF threads...
I fear the outside world...

Catavarie

First Post
Although not a Council member I would like to propose that the time has come for the GMF to undergo a bit of a restructuring/rebuilding, perhaps what the GMF was originally designed for is no longer what it needs to be. Maybe we need to consolidate, maybe we need to expand, but I feel that we need to do something seeing as how our board has become stagnant.

I had thought it was just the normal summer time slump, but here it is the end of October and we are barely obtaining a post a day, I feel that we need a goal or project of somesort that will not only breathe life back into the board but back into the GMF itself.

Of course I could just be a ranting, raving lunatic as well, I know that I have not exactly been the most judicious of posters to the boards myself, but still I must wonder what fate our present course leads us to.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Inexplicably losing most of our membership (activity-wise) has not helped much either. Nor has my absence, for which I appologize.

I agree, it is time we reformed this organization. We are working on it (mainly in a different thread, you may have noticed). If the website idea comes through, I have great ideas on advertisement.

In the meantime, for those reading this. Keep up your activity. Find out what you can about others and lets see if we can get our remaining members back here to move on as a group to a better place.

Catavarie

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:
In the meantime, for those reading this. Keep up your activity. Find out what you can about others and lets see if we can get our remaining members back here to move on as a group to a better place.

I'm givin her all she's got cap'n, I cannot give her any more or shes gonna blow!

I mean I'll see what I can do to keep things lively. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4