Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
I got another issue for the Council:

Should we maintain or eliminate the password requirement for this site?

I say: Aye.... (or Arrgh)

(I'm waiting on this decision so I can email Morrus with the final answer, and to ask him to give the Council moderator privileges).

Y.O.Morales

First Post
I think that the 7th proposition has been voted in the old thread:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2121053#post2121053

DungeonMasterCal said:
A password to just access the DMF? Personally, I'd prefer to not use one.

Nightcloak said:
I agree. We want things to be open and easy.

Even Mordmorgan the Mad said:
Anyhow, I'd vote for a greater dispel password.

And now Xen voted in favor. That makes 5 votes (mine included) already cast.
So I'll drop an email to Morrus, and make a signup thread. If anyone has an important objection, then inform me ASAP, or otherwise I'll continue with the email for password removal.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
To what purpose does losing the password serve? I must vote a strong Nay on this. All we do is risk allowing non-members who don't udnerstand the GMF hijack the thread. I am STRONGLY against removing the password.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
After a bit of discussion with Xen I now see why we should not have a password hwoever I suggest this:

When we remove the password is when we should make the counselors mods so that we can remove hijaking threads/posts.

What says the council? (Which is spelled correctly thank you)

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Exactly, ChaosEvoker. That is entirely essential.

I'll drop the email now and hope (me crosses fingers) that he'll read it tomorrow and make changes accordingly.

(P.D. I just purchased a community supporter account and is super cool. The Search feature is doubtless a must-have, and while viewing the Who's Online feature, I knew that Xen and Chaos were replying to this thread at the same time as I. Plus the private-messaging is also cool).

Last edited:

ChaosEvoker

First Post
yeah the POMing and the Who's Online stuff was convienent back at WotC but ENWorld is still way better. hwo much does that cost?

Edit by Y.O.Morales:
See this page for costs. I bought the 1-month period to give it a try before going annual.
http://www.enworld.org/subscriptions.php?

(Surprised? Bwa hahaha, behold my other-member's-post-editing powers)
(You soon will have the same)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xen155

First Post
I agree with CE on this. The password should not be removed until the counsil is made moderators.

I also propose that a short list of rules be made to govern the use of a council members Moderator power.

If this proposition (#8) is passed I submit this rough draft of rules:
1. Posts should only be deleted if they are done to: derail a thread completly, insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is posted by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join if the post is not on subject with the threads purpose.
2. Threads should only be deleted if they are designed to: insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is created by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join. A Council Member must explain why he has deleted a thread at the Rules, Propositions, and Council Member Thread.
3. A Council Member may not use his authority as a Moderator to bully or "boss around" other members of the GMF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases