Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcloak

First Post
Y.O.Morales said:
Exactly, ChaosEvoker. That is entirely essential.

I'll drop the email now and hope (me crosses fingers) that he'll read it tomorrow and make changes accordingly.

Cool! Things are starting to come together nicely. Thanks again for the work YO!

(P.D. I just purchased a community supporter account and is super cool. The Search feature is doubtless a must-have, and while viewing the Who's Online feature, I knew that Xen and Chaos were replying to this thread at the same time as I. Plus the private-messaging is also cool).

I'm also happy with my community supporter account. It was a no brainer for me considering how much time and use I get out of this site. The review section alone has enhanced the quality of my RPG collection. Now that the GMF is moving forward, the skies the limit. Besides, getting to create new titles is just cool (I'm such a geek at times) In fact. Time for a new title since my NCAA picks got hosed.

Nightcloak

First Post
Xen155 said:
I agree with CE on this. The password should not be removed until the counsil is made moderators.

I also propose that a short list of rules be made to govern the use of a council members Moderator power.

If this proposition (#8) is passed I submit this rough draft of rules:
1. Posts should only be deleted if they are done to: derail a thread completly, insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is posted by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join if the post is not on subject with the threads purpose.
2. Threads should only be deleted if they are designed to: insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is created by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join. A Council Member must explain why he has deleted a thread at the Rules, Propositions, and Council Member Thread.
3. A Council Member may not use his authority as a Moderator to bully or "boss around" other members of the GMF.

Sounds good to me. In fact, my vote to open the forum was predicated on the knowledge that the council could moderate the forums. We need to have rules governing these forums if we are to truly be an "oasis" for DMs.

Oh... I mean "ARGH!"

Xen155

First Post
ok so:
Password will not be removed till the CMs become Mods.
NightCloak will be drawing up the Vision and Mission statement.
Proposition #5 needs 1 Aye to pass and 2 Nays to fail.
Proposition #8 has 3 Ayes and 0 Nays. The Rules are open for editing.
and Proposition #3 is on hold.

ChaosEvoker said:
An excellent idea though I believe we should address the rules themselves and edit them as nessecary before adopting them.
Propositon #8 has not yet been passed but the rules asociated with it are still awaiting review by the Council Members.

Ok, tell me if I missed something.

Nightcloak

First Post
I have a Proposition for review and proposal.

Since we have decided to eliminate the password and open the forums shortly, I think we need a "sticky” thread or some equivalent that is for recruitment of new members. The first post can be a public message of what the GMF is, the mission statement, or maybe both. The next several posts can detail the rules of the GMF, the forum, and basically “what is what” so to speak.

When we put a link to the GMF in our signatures, recruitment threads, or products (I can dream) it can be a link to this thread. That way, first time visitors immediately get to see our designated message and the forum rules first. Then they can post in that thread for membership. As a bonus, we’ll have easy access to new membership instead of them just “popping” in on existing threads.

Think of it as if the GMF was in an actual building. This thread would be the entrance and foyer while the links would be the cyber space equivalent to a front door.

What does the council think?

Last edited:

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Yep. I agree with a signup thread. I havent forgotten the GMF banner (which I'll do in time), so once it is done, we can post the banner in that signup thread so new members can get it.

Nightcloak

First Post
Here we go, one mission statement for review and discussion. I started a vision statement but I realized 2 facts so I put it aside.

First, this may get changed enough to make a rewrite of the vision necessary. The vision statement must evolve from the details of the mission since it is a measure of how successful an organization is at achieving it’s stated mission.

Second, everything I would write in the vision statement now is a reiteration of the third paragraph of the mission statement I wrote. It would seem I tied it together.

So I’ll see how this works out before moving on to a vision statement.

Mission Statement:

The Game Master Foundation is an oasis in the Role Playing Game community for all Game Masters to discuss, practice, and share the ideas of their craft with the most recognized and passionate individuals of the industry - other Game Masters.

A Game Master is required to develop and execute the talents of creator, writer, storyteller, rules master, judge, and leader. To have the passion to develop and maintain such diverse talents requires a rare spirit that burns bright. A bright light that is willing to assume the labor of love of becoming a Game Master.

The Game Master Foundation recognizes and promotes that spirit. Our goal is to help Game Masters realize their vision and achieve their potential. To do this we will provide a forum to promote the exchange of knowledge, the development of skills, and the ability to enjoy such pursuits among like-minded peers. We will develop resources that provide tools, knowledge, and creative ideas for Game Masters. The success we achieve will be the endless hours of gaming our members enjoy.

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
I am very inpressed NightCloak, I see no problem astetically or in the contents of the message, I have no revisions to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads