Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcloak

First Post
The purpose of a thread is to have a posting dialog by subject. And quite frankly, that was a major selling point in moving the old DMF here in the first place. To catagorize subjects. So I would make your own thread and go for it. :)

If we get so many threads that things become unwieldy then we'd probably just buy and open a new catagory forum with the General Discussion forum, say GM Advice or something. Then reorganize the threads in such a manor to make things easy again. We've already discussed this with a possible PbP forum in the future.

Xen155

First Post
We should probably look into how we are going to donate to Y.O. for the once a year payment for the forum befor we think about opening another sub forum.

As to a pbp thread, I believe the GMFC was going to be moved here soon by CE, but till then it might be a good Idea to create a RP open thread for people to "play" a character. It was hinted in the entrance about RPing our identities in the GMF.

I havn't proposed anything on this yet becuase I want some feedback, so please feed! :)

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Xen155 said:
We should probably look into how we are going to donate to Y.O. for the once a year payment for the forum befor we think about opening another sub forum.:)

Don't worry about any debt; it was my donation.

Xen155 said:
As to a pbp thread, I believe the GMFC was going to be moved here soon by CE, but till then it might be a good Idea to create a RP open thread for people to "play" a character. It was hinted in the entrance about RPing our identities in the GMF.

I havn't proposed anything on this yet becuase I want some feedback, so please feed! :)

Dont have any feedback on this because, honestly, I wont take paricipation on any Role-playing in this community... for now. But anything that satisfies the diverse tastes of GMF members is good.

On other news: I received an email from Morrus today telling me that he'll make the moderator updates today. Yes!
And the banner still have to wait. The clone computer I purchased is totally incomplete and non-functional, so I have more days to come without computer.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Xen155 said:
I propose that the rule number 2 "No discussion of any novels." Be changed to allow for threads to be opened for the sole purpose of novel discussion. The rule was originally set inplace to appease the Tyrants at the WotC boards. But now that they no longer reign over us I believe the rule should be altered.

Aye.

I have no problem with novels being discussed. Ain't democracy beautiful?

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I'll try to address a couple more things in one post:

I like the mission statement. It's concise and clear without being too formal. The idea of a sticky for the Welcome thread is a good idea, too.

Sorry it's taking me so long to get back into the swing of things. But I'm working on it!

Xen155

First Post
Proposition #5, Alteration of rule #2 "no discussions of Novels", has been passed with 4 ayes and 2 nays.

ok so:
Proposition #3 is still on hold.
Proposition #6 is being discussed.
Proposition #9 is being discussed.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Allright Council, your Mod privileges are on!

But before pushing buttons here and there, let me give everyone a brief intro to the mod's options, because they are scattered all over the message board system.

1. The button Forum Tools that appear in the General Section, above the announcements, contains a few admin actions. Performing any one will take you to a control panel where you are asked a password (which is the same you use to login to your regular ENWorld account).
The Manage Categories action lets you specify which tags are used for the threads' titles.

2. The accessed Control Panel (see previous) lets you add announcements (adding them to the Game Master Foundation 'section' instead of its General Discussion section causes nothing, all announcements end in this general section). To edit an existing announcement, you have to click the Forum Manager button of the Control Panel left menu, scroll down to our hosted forum, and then select the announcement and edit.

(The following actions can be performed without login to the control panel)

3. When you add a new Thread or a new Reply, two Thread Management options appear allowing you to close or stick the thread after submitting your comment.

4. In every thread, you will see a Thread Tools button (above the first post) that contains a wide array of actions.

5. Finally, you can look at every reply and see an Edit Post button, so you can edit posts that aren't yours.

That's all (I think) for now. These privileges are cool, but also carry responsability, so don't abuse them (specially by editing other people's posts).

Y.O.Morales

First Post
The password was also removed. Let's make a sticky signup thread and then add a 'luring' thread on the ENBoards main section (it's important to specify which projects we are working on).

Please, some other Council member do it, because I'll be busy in an hour and for the rest of the day.

Nightcloak

First Post
Well, now that the password is gone, we should get a mission statement appreoved (assuming we put it in the sign-up thread).

So we should look at what we have. First, my original draft:

The Game Master Foundation is an oasis in the Role Playing Game community for all Game Masters to discuss, practice, and share the ideas of their craft with the most recognized and passionate individuals of the industry - other Game Masters.

A Game Master is required to develop and execute the talents of creator, writer, storyteller, rules master, judge, and leader. To have the passion to develop and maintain such diverse talents requires a rare spirit that burns bright. A bright light that is willing to assume the labor of love of becoming a Game Master.

The Game Master Foundation recognizes and promotes that spirit. Our goal is to help Game Masters realize their vision and achieve their potential. To do this we will provide a forum to promote the exchange of knowledge, the development of skills, and the ability to enjoy such pursuits among like-minded peers. We will develop resources that provide tools, knowledge, and creative ideas for Game Masters. The success we achieve will be the endless hours of gaming our members enjoy.

The options provided by Y.O.Morales:
(YO: Let me know if I missed something or misread your post, or feel free to edit this post to change the following if something is off):

The Game Master Foundation is an oasis in the Role Playing Game community for all Game Masters to discuss, practice, and share the ideas of their games with the most recognized and passionate individuals of the hobby - other Game Masters.

The mission of the GMF is to help and promote the talents of creator, writer, storyteller, rules master, judge, and leader. To have the passion to develop and maintain such diverse talents requires a rare spirit that burns bright. A bright light that is willing to assume the labor of love of becoming a Game Master. The Game Master Foundation recognizes and promotes that spirit.

Followed by an actual Vision Statement:

Our goal is to help Game Masters realize their vision and achieve their potential. To do this we will provide a forum to promote the exchange of knowledge, the development of skills, and the ability to enjoy such pursuits among like-minded peers. We will develop resources that provide tools, knowledge, and creative ideas for Game Masters. The success we achieve will be the endless hours of gaming our members enjoy.

What does everyone think? Any suggestions or changes to either option?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads