Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Aye to the census, I was planning on it anyway....

Aye to both of the "Statements"

Aye to further investigation of the T-Shirt idea

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Proposition
Though this ties closely with the T-Shirt idea, it stretches beyond that. WE need to adopt some kind of GMF Slogan. A short, pithy phrase. (e.g. "The GMF: Using Vengeful Gaze of God and taking no backlash damage since 2004") This proposition will contain phases:

Phase 1: Obtain ideas from many sources. Create a thread for members to propose ideas for the slogan.

Phase 2: Counsil Adoption. The Counsil will adopt 3-5 different ideas of the many submitted.

Phase 3: A popular vote will be taken to finalize the decision. Each member will vote for one option and the oen with the most votes becomes the official slogan.

I also believe the slogan shoudl be re-evaluated occaionally, as shoudl our "Statements" as the GMF evolves over time. We may want to set an annual or bi-annual reevalution of these things.

Xen155

First Post
ok, If I don't get the updating done tonight... sleeeeeep... then ill have it done by the end of 5th hour tommorow. [sblock]*gasp* a man of his intelligence still in highschool though he rivals the great einstine himself! yes yes, a prodigy am I.[/sblock]

BSF

Explorer
I see some "issues" here. First of all, we have two announcements for the forum, plus the two site-wide announcements (which we don't get to control) as well as several sticky threads at the top of the forum. That means that a significant portion of the top of the forum appears to be static to anybody wandering by. This isn't necessarily a problem, but any threads that have high activity will be shunted below all the sticky threads.

We might want to think about really keeping our sticky threads limited. Perhaps we could have one sticky thread that is a series of menu links pointing to other threads? Stuff that is good to read, but won't necessarily have a lot of posting traffic that would keep the thread up and active at the top of the list.

I like the idea of a catch phrase. Especially if we have a couple. These would be prime .sig material. I still need to edit my .sig, but I have so much material in there already that I haven't figured out a good way to manage all of it. I'm thinking about it though. Optimally, we would come up with a few catch phrases and could have a post with all of them, plus the bbcode to include it with a .sig and have the links work correctly. Then members could copy/paste into .sig and it would work.

I do think any banner/graphics should be small enough to be unobtrusive. At least, we could do an unobtrusive version as well as a flashy version. Then we could use them for different things.

I've never been a huge T-shirt fan so I don't feel right contributing much to that discussion. If we had a small logo, I would be much more keen on a pin that we could wear to cons and the like. But that's just me. I know other folks dig T-shirts so that's cool. :)

Did I catch everything? Oh, somebody asked about focused topics vs broad topics. I think focused topics are the way to go. The more focused a discussion is, the more value the thread is for archival and future reference. We moved into a forum so we could have focused threads.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
I agree with you BardStephen on the sticky threats issue. I came to the forum today (April 13) and was amazed to see five of them. Your observations make a lot of sense. So I suggest leaving the sign-up thread and the council members discussion thread.

If by Friday 15th, the other council members havent' commented on this issue, then I'll unstick the forum I sticked earlier (titled: 'Lets get this forum rolling').

ChaosEvoker

First Post
I need to have the Census organized snce its TEMPORARY and nessecary to clean up the DMF. The "Let's Get This Forum rolling wasn't my idea to sticky. I didn't do it...

Xen155

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
I see some "issues" here. First of all, we have two announcements for the forum, plus the two site-wide announcements (which we don't get to control) as well as several sticky threads at the top of the forum. That means that a significant portion of the top of the forum appears to be static to anybody wandering by. This isn't necessarily a problem, but any threads that have high activity will be shunted below all the sticky threads.

We might want to think about really keeping our sticky threads limited. Perhaps we could have one sticky thread that is a series of menu links pointing to other threads? Stuff that is good to read, but won't necessarily have a lot of posting traffic that would keep the thread up and active at the top of the list.
I definently agree with the Bard there. We should keep the amount of stickies to no more than 2.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Fine. Removed the sticky thread.

Another thing: let's try to keep the category names short, or else they push the threads' titles into a very narrow space. I'll change the Cooperative Project title to Community Project or even Project alone. Any comments on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads