Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Ouch. Good luck with everything and best wishes :(
(you're having on @#$% of a year so I don't blame you)

I'm glad you will still be around though :)

Thanks, NC. And the @#$% year continues this week with the first visits to the lawyer to explore options regarding sueing the snot outta the people who ran the stop sign and hit me.
No GenCon for me this year... I should sue them for that, too.

Nightcloak

First Post
On a side note. I just edited the member list announcement and noticed all the members that did not participate in the census last month.

Does anyone have any objections with me prunning the list down to those who participated in the census or have signed up recently?

I do believe that was the general point of the census in the first place - To find out who is here now.

NC

Nightcloak

First Post
Also, while I'm feeling productive. Should I take the Mission/Vision statement and add it to the top of the sign up post? I think that was the original intent. I am open other ideas - just trying to get some old projects off of Xen's list.

BSF

Explorer
Nightcloak said:
That's great news! I'm glad to hear that things have started to come around. :D
Life has a funny sense of humor. I've put in nearly 80 hours at work this week. Hell, I'm posting from work right now. We had some data corruption in a kernel level table of our database. It has been interesting to try to resolve this without losing too much data.

On the plus side, I have personally spoken with folks in Australia, India, Germany ( a lot of folks in Germany), Canada and here in the states. There as even one night where I cycled through people in each of those countries as their work shifts started and ended. That was a long day.

I'm sure it will come around eventually...

Nightcloak

First Post
Xen155 said:
I nominate Chosen of the Dark Sun.

I second that, we need to get the position filled, and Blade of Desecration is a regular poster who is involved with the forums and has tenure.

If for some reason BoD doesn't want to do it, then we should look at Wolf, derbaucher, or themind. They have tenure here now, lots of DMing experience, check in regularly, and they care about the game and the posters.

Nightcloak

First Post
I've added the Mission and Vision Statements to the New Member Thread.

Unfortuanetly, I had to add it to ChaoEvoker's intro thread, I couldn't add one. I would like feed back on this - it seems... off to me. Can't put my finger on it.

Not to mention I feel a little odd editing someone elses post. :eek: :uhoh:

Ideas anyone?!

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Well, I have a proposition to make-- :D

Thread Deletion Policy

• All threads which ask a single question, relating to rules, or a specific situation, shall be deleted once the question/situation is answered/resolved (To the descretion of the council).
  • All Threads which stay in the bottom 5 for more than 2 weej shall also be deleted.
  • All Threads which have less then 10 posts for 7 days after they are created shall be deleted.
  • All Threads with less then 80 views after 1 month shall be deleted
  • All Threads which violate the rules imposed by this forum shall be removed. (feel like... hmmm...Thats kind of implied anyway.)
  • Threads which are periodically posted in shall not be deleted, or threads containing useful information. (Nightcloaks Notebook and BardStephenFoxes Winging It- among others.)

Last edited:

derbacher

Explorer
Thoughts on GRs proposition:

Mr_GrinReaper * All threads which ask a single question, relating to rules, or a specific situation, shall be deleted once the question/situation is answered/resolved (To the descretion of the council).
I'd suggest a time limit after the question was answered, just to give everyone a chance to actually see the answer. ("Hmmm, I wondered if anyone answered my question yet? Hey, where'd the thread go?!!!)

Mr_GrinReaper * All Threads which stay in the bottom 5 for more than 2 weeks shall also be deleted.
Good idea, but at the rate the posts have been coming in, the whole forum may be gone in a month :lol: (Them's the jokes, son...)

Mr_GrinReaper
* All Threads which have less then 10 posts for 7 days after they are created shall be deleted.
* All Threads with less then 80 views after 1 month shall be deleted
* All Threads which violate the rules imposed by this forum shall be removed. (feel like... hmmm...Thats kind of implied anyway.)
All fine as is.

Mr_GrinReaper * Threads which are periodically posted in shall not be deleted, or threads containing useful information. (Nightcloaks Notebook and BardStephenFoxes Winging It- among others.)
Again good, but needs a quantified system as to what is useful information. Easiest suggestion is council member majority vote.

-----
Relaxing after the mission

ChaosEvoker

First Post
*returns to the council chamber looging bedraggled, battleworn, and mildly injured* (none of which I am IRL except perhaps in spirit lol)

I have returned....

I am glad to see Grin Reaper has found the courage to bring forth a proposition to this council. The first member to do so, and I hope not the last.

As for Xen.....Chosen of the Dark Sun....he has been with us for a long time,I will third his nomination, let us put it to a vote and end the void in our council.

As to Grin Reapers suggestion, I fell with some consideration and perhaps some tweaking it is an excellent suggestion. Let us discuss some rennovations to your idea and then vote on it.

Let the council vote on the nomination of Chosen of the Dark Sun.

Aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads