Council Members Thread II

Xen155

First Post
Welcome to the Council Member Thread II. I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss Rules, Propostions made by Council Members or Members, and provide the Council Members a place to vote on something. Discussion can and should be held by the Council Members and the Members of the GMF.

With so many changes in the past several months to so many faccets of the GMF many previous propositions have been placed on hold waiting for a CM to reopen them (such a proposition must be seconded).

I will make a list of all propositions and votes held.
1. Being voted upon.
2. Important matters effecting the GMF.
3. Being discussed.
4. On hold.
5. Recent updates.

1. Council Member postion slot expansion.
Proposed by: Xen155
Outcome:
The opening of a new spot and the instalment of Y.O. Morales as a new Council Member. (passed)
Update: Y.O. Morales has been inactive for sufficient time to lose the position of Council Member.

2. Maintainment of an odd number of Council Members.
Proposed by: ChaosEvoker
Outcome:
There may be only an odd number of Council Members at any time. (passed)

3. ChaosEvokers official status and powers.
Outcome:
On hold.

4. Rescinding of DungeonMasterCal’s title and powers as a Council Member.
Outcome:
Recalled, DungeonMasterCal will remain a Council Member. (failed)
Update: DungeonMasterCal has been inactive for sufficient time to lose the position of Council Member.

5. Alteration of rule #2 "No Discussion of any Novels."
Outcome:
Novels may be discussed on threads created for that purpose. (passed.)

6. Drawing up of a mission and vission statment.
Proposed by: NightCloak
Outcome:
Acceptance of an official mission statement for the GMF.

7. Password removal.
Proposed by: Y. O. Morales
Outcome:
The password required to enter the GMF will be "Dispelled". (passed)

8.Rules Governing the use of Moderator power.
Outcome:
The rules governing the moderator powers are set. (passed)

9.Greetings and sign up thread creation.
Proposed by: NightCloak
Outcome:
On hold.

Update: With disscusion of the GMF website directly effecting the nessecity and outcome of this proposition, it has been placed on hold De Facto

10.GMF T-Shirt.
Proposed by: Y.O. Morales
Outcome:
On hold.

11.GMF Slogan.
Outcome:
On hold.

12.Sticky thread limit.
Proposed by: BardSteohenFox
Outcome:
Space conservation matters will be taken.

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Current Council Members
ChaosEvoker
Xen155
NightCloak
ChosenOfTheDarkSun​

Past Council Members
Y.O. Morales
DungeonMasterCal​

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Active Members​
ChaosEvoker
Xen155
ChosenOfTheDarkSun
NightCloak
Catavarie
Rapida
themind
Lord Rasputin
Macrovore
Nyaricus​

Inactive Members (we still love 'em)​
Evilhalfling
SALADIN, THE JUST
BSF
lonesoldier
OK
Mr GrinReaper
Syrinx Nymph
RisenDevil
twofalls
Gilwen
Kanegrundar
Blastin
derbacher
Zweihander
TresGeek
Gahhomen
Sluant
Gold Roger
Imret
The Cousin IT
MarkCsigs
XCorvis
Guillaume
Morbeg of Ghetto D
Wolf70​

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Moderator/Council Member Guidelines​
1. Posts should only be deleted if they are done to: derail a thread completly, insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is posted by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join if the post is not on subject with the threads purpose.
2. Threads should only be deleted if they are designed to: insult or abuse a member of the GMF, or is created by a non member of the GMF who has not already asked to join. A Council Member must alert and explain why he has deleted a thread at the Council Member Thread.
3. A Council Member may not use his authority as a Moderator to bully or "boss around" other members of the GMF.

Thread Rules
1. Please uncheck the "Show signature box" in the "Miscellaneous Options" box at the bottom of the post window.
2. Title all posts with: the proposition you are commenting on, the title of the proposition you are proposing, or "Misc" if the post does not fall withen these catagories.
3. Do not advertise other threads or forums.

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Ok, the new council member thread is now open. If you notice anything wrong with the list above go ahead and tell me. I awknowledge that on the VERY RARE occasion I make mistakes.

Catavarie

First Post
Game Master Foundation Mission and Vision Statements

Although not a Council Member I would like if we could to Open up Discussion About the GMF Mission and Vision Statements. The reason I wish to officially open this discussion is due to the fact that we seem to be forward to, what we all hope to be, great things. I would like to assure that we do not become blinded by too much ambition and not enough direction. Its all fine and well for us to have a great Webpage and our own great Forums, although if created for the wrong reasons, or put together in a way that detracts from the Foundations purpose then it may very well all be for naught. I would hate to see any amount of hard work by any of us go to waste.

Cataverie, you're kind of a probationary council member.. By our own rules, we need an odd number of councilors to break ties. That's what the vote in the original Council thread was for. The only reason that you aren't a full councilor is that we don't have enough people for it to be worth it. Once our membership is a little larger, you're officially on the council, per our vote. So feel free to participate in council discussions. Well, everyone can participate, you're actually actively encouraged to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xen155

First Post
Catavarie said:
Although not a Council Member I would like if we could to Open up Discussion About the GMF Mission and Vision Statements. The reason I wish to officially open this discussion is due to the fact that we seem to be forward to, what we all hope to be, great things. I would like to assure that we do not become blinded by too much ambition and not enough direction. Its all fine and well for us to have a great Webpage and our own great Forums, although if created for the wrong reasons, or put together in a way that detracts from the Foundations purpose then it may very well all be for naught. I would hate to see any amount of hard work by any of us go to waste.

Mission Statement

The Game Master Foundation is an oasis in the Role Playing Game community for all Game Masters
to discuss, practice, and share the ideas of their games
with the most recognized and passionate individuals of the hobby - other Game Masters.

The mission of the GMF is to help and promote the talents of creator, writer, storyteller, rules master, judge, and leader. To have the passion to develop and maintain such diverse talents requires a rare spirit that burns bright. A bright light that is willing to assume the labor of love of becoming a Game Master. The Game Master Foundation recognizes and promotes that spirit.​

This is the official Mission statement of the GMF drawn up by NightCloak (dont have the date) and agreed upon in council. If you want a revision just propose a vote to do so. (I will consider Cat a CM for this purpose.)

I noticed that I still have that proposition on hold and will fix that imediatly, my mistake.

Xen155

First Post
This will be my last post for 4 days. I will be visiting family out of state. I will be back late Sunday.

"OK, BU BYE NOW."

Remove ads