Couple Dragon questions

Tellerve

Should Black Dragons have swamp walk, or because they are aquatic and have swim they decided not to give them that?

For Green Dragons, their tail swipe is an immediate reaction to an adjacent enemy that doesn't move on his turn. This wouldn't ever mess up the charactes attack? At most the character would attack and not think to move and at the end of the round the dragon gets a chance to smack him with his tail correct?

Finally, sorta dragon related I guess, but I'm thinking of having an encounter with a black dragon and looked up aquatic combat. I haven't read anything to state it but I figured if a black dragon had its head barely out of the water then it would be getting superior cover, correct? However, only when both creatures are in the water would an aquatic creature get the +2 for fighting in its environment, correct?

thanks,

Tellerve

Kaelkatar

First Post
Likely the reason behind not having swampwalk is that black dragons can stil fly. A typical move will likely have the dragon fly to its destination completely ignoring difficult terrain. If you wish to use the dragon in a ground based manner, giving it swampwalk is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Your conjectures on the tail sweep and attack bonuses are probabaly correct.

Remove ads