Cowboy Bebop live-action series

I rewatched Cowboy Bebop a few years back, it's a fantastic series that holds up pretty well.

I wouldn't say we "need" a live action series or anything, but it's cool to see something new happen with the property that seemed otherwise pretty done. This looks interesting, but if it ends up sucking anyway, the old show still exists and will still be as enjoyable as before. So I am overall looking forward to it.

When is it coming out again?

MarkB

Legend
I rewatched Cowboy Bebop a few years back, it's a fantastic series that holds up pretty well.

I wouldn't say we "need" a live action series or anything, but it's cool to see something new happen with the property that seemed otherwise pretty done. This looks interesting, but if it ends up sucking anyway, the old show still exists and will still be as enjoyable as before. So I am overall looking forward to it.

When is it coming out again?
19th November. Which, like everything this year, doesn't feel like it should be as soon as it is.

As a long-time fan of the original anime series, I'm interested to see how this one plays out. Judging by some of the images in the trailer / title sequence, it looks like it'll be a re-tread of the original series rather than brand new stories, but it'll be interesting to see whether they bring anything new to them aside from real actors.

Nope, the showrunner has said it is an "expansion to the canon" and not a retelling the original anime story.

MarkB

Legend
Nope, the showrunner has said it is an "expansion to the canon" and not a retelling the original anime story.

I got more the impression of "not just a re-telling." More that they'll be taking the time to flesh out the characters more, rather than that they're telling completely new stories. Note that every character seen in the trailer is a familiar face from the anime.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
So, im hoping this new "lost Session" teaser is just a spoof. Thematically, it feels right, but the acting is a little off? Maybe a bit wooden? Not sure what it is. Still looks like fun and im glad the jazz is still prominent.

Yeah, the acting is indeed a bit wooden. Maybe on purpose? But I love the visual style, and I feel more positive about the actors portraying the characters from the anime now.

payn

Just caught the pilot episode. I think it looks awesome, except for a few details. The actors seem to go in and out of the feel of the characters. I blame the writing and direction on that more than the actors. Looking forward to more episodes.

How do you make spoiler tags on this system?

MarkB

Legend
Just caught the pilot episode. I think it looks awesome, except for a few details. The actors seem to go in and out of the feel of the characters. I blame the writing and direction on that more than the actors. Looking forward to more episodes.
I've seen the first two, and yeah, the characters aren't quite there at the moment. Visually it's... fine, but it just doesn't do the great job of establishing the setting through casual visual storytelling that the anime does.
How do you make spoiler tags on this system?
Quote my message to see how it's formatted.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Just finished watching the first episode. It's not... terrible, but the anime did it better by a landslide. Fight choreography was meh. The actress for Faye did a decent good job at least. They got into Spike's backstory WAY too soon.

They kept the music and opening, but it feels like they sucked all the color and soul out of it.

payn

Just finished watching the first episode. It's not... terrible, but the anime did it better by a landslide. Fight choreography was meh. The actress for Faye did a decent good job at least. They got into Spike's backstory WAY too soon.

They kept the music and opening, but it feels like they sucked all the color and soul out of it.
Yeah, the pacing is almost there, but not quite right. Everything seems to be almost there, but not quite right. I still enjoyed the pilot so i'll take it from there.

Remove ads