CR 20-25 for French Gothic campaign. Help!!

Carpe DM

First Post
Dear all:

I'm writing asking for help drawn from the well of your collective experience.

My 3.5 campaign, which pits freedom fighters against a fascist theocracy in a steampunk-driven milieu derived from the chaos of the Paris commune and French revolution, is hitting epic levels. You can see the workaday website of the campaign in my sig; it's the Thirty Pieces of Silver campaign, for what it's worth.

I need help along two lines. First, the primary opponents of the PCs at this point are the angelic shock troops of the theocracy. D&D is designed to have PCs who plumb the depths of hell, not who rebel against heaven. So any suggestions for great angelic fights (I've already used Trumpet Archons, Hound Archons, several Sword Archons and the odd Solar) would be fantastic.

And second, I'm just running out of encounters. Because it's 3.5e, and because of the famous prep time, I would prefer to spend my time on the roleplaying and story elements of the campaign. But to do that, I need out-of-the-box encounters I can use.

I have most of the 3.5e Dungeon magazines, and I have all the Paizo releases. I have or have access to most of the 3.5 books. What I need is suggestions for CR 20 through 25 encounters that I can run either out of the box or with minimal conversion.

An example: Treerazer, from Paizo 17. All I have to do is turn his alignment effects inside out, and I have one heck of an angel of death, CR 25. Done.

Please help by pointing out encounters you would think will fit. I deeply appreciate any guidance you can give.

warmest regards,

Carpe

Last edited:

Remove ads