D&D 2E Creampuffs meaning

Firwood

Explorer
Hello everyone!
In the complete Priest's Handbook, there is a word that I cannot translate/understand (I am Italian).
The term is creampuffs, it is found in the "weapons" section, just before "spheres of influence".
Can you help me understand what it is?
Thank you.

Voadam

Legend
Hello everyone!
In the complete Priest's Handbook, there is a word that I cannot translate/understand (I am Italian).
The term is creampuffs, it is found in the "weapons" section, just before "spheres of influence".
Can you help me understand what it is?
Thank you.

"If a priest is limited to daggers and creampuffs, he’s not going to be the campaign’s combat monster, so magic and his priestly duties will be much more important to the character."

Creampuffs are a dessert pastry. So like a clown throwing pies a priest with "creampuffs" as weapons is not an actual threat to be taken seriously. Here it seems to be used either whimsically as actual creampuffs for hyperbole or metaphorically as minor weapons that do not do much damage.

Firwood

Explorer
I found the meaning of creampuffs, but I cannot contextualise it within the sentence.
If it is hyperbole to mean the use of a completely harmless weapon then it might make sense.
Thank you.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
You want to know how ineffective creampuffs are as weapons? Every year, the Wisconsin State Fair arms us citizens of America's Dairyland with creampuffs as part of a state militia program. Yet we fail to repel the invasion of FIBs (aka Friendly Illinois Buddies) coming to vacation on our lakes and at our kitschy attractions in Wisconsin Dells. It's a travesty.

(I totally understand how this information is largely irrelevant to reader living in Italy with little context. But I had to get it off my chest.)

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
You want to know how ineffective creampuffs are as weapons? Every year, the Wisconsin State Fair arms us citizens of America's Dairyland with creampuffs as part of a state militia program. Yet we fail to repel the invasion of FIBs (aka Friendly Illinois Buddies) coming to vacation on our lakes and at our kitschy attractions in Wisconsin Dells. It's a travesty.

(I totally understand how this information is largely irrelevant to reader living in Italy with little context. But I had to get it off my chest.)
Ya just need the right equipment

Remove ads