Creating a new Species

LucasC

First Post
Just got finished going through the guidelines on creating a new species. Everything seemed to go smoothly.

I tried to balance the stats, starting at 2 and going down and up equally, although when adding a PSI score I did not attempt to balance for that. I also chose 6 skills vs the 3-5 in an attempt to highlight differing aspects of the species.

Anyhow, here it is. I am curious if y'all think this species is 'roughly' on-par with the others or too powerful / too weak.

glopian.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like it!

The special ability probably needs some rules - it seems very powerful - does it take an action to change? How long for? Is it perfect (what sort if bonus to disguises would that be?) Can they do it at will?

The next playtest packet has adjusted starting assumptions for attributes. Basically they're all about 1 point higher, with no 1s. The starting age has been removed and put on the starter careers, too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cool! I can totally see Glopian careers which master that shapechanging ability! I think that's a pretty solid species there; I can definitely see myself yoinking it for my own playtest campaign!

Remove ads