D&D 3E/3.5 Creature Catalog 3.5 Overhaul Project

Aspect of BOZ

First Post
I think i'm going to skip the whole effecting animals thing... that's just an entirely supernatural thing (kind of like frightful presence). these are mortal creatures, and probably should not have that kind of effect on animals.

working on the other stuff now while i have a moment...

Aspect of BOZ

First Post
in addition to that...

For the P-wight, I could see them being quite filthy, and giving them a disease attack:

Disease (Ex): Filth fever—slam?, Fortitude DC X, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

For the pseudo-incorporeals, I think a substitution of poison would work – with either a claw or slam attack to replace their inc. touch.

For the P-wraith:
Poison (Ex): (Contact, Injury), Fortitude DC X, initial damage 1 Con, secondary damage 1d2 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.
(same as greenblood oil)

For the P-spectre:
Poison (Ex): (Contact, Injury), Fortitude DC X, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Str. The save DC is Constitution-based.
(same as medium spider venom)

I’m going to give P-vampires:

Bleeding Wound (Ex): The damage a pseudovampire deals with its bite attack causes a persistent wound. An injured creature loses 1 additional hit point each round. Multiple wounds result in cumulative hit point loss from bleeding. The continuing hit point loss can be stopped by a successful DC 15 Heal check (per wound), a cure spell, or a heal spell. A successful Heal check automatically stops the continuing hit point loss as well as restoring hit points.

Disease (Ex): Red ache—slam?, Fortitude DC X, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d6 Str. The save DC is Constitution-based.

+2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks.

Mortis

First Post
You may also want to check out these diseases from the d20 Modern SRD

Code:
Table: Diseases
Disease			Type			Incubation Period	Initial Damage		Secondary Damage
Anthrax			Inhaled/Injury DC 16	1d2 days		1 Con			1d4 Con*
Small pox		Inhaled/Contact DC 15	2d4 days		1 Str and 1 Con		1d2 Str and 1d2 Con
Pneumonia		Inhaled DC 12		1d4 days		1 Str			1d3 Str and 1d3 Con
Hantavirus		Injury DC 14		1 day			1d2 Str			1d2 Str* and 1d2 Con*
Necrotizing faciitis 	Contact DC 13		1d6 days		1 Con			1d3 Con*
West Nile virus		Injury DC 12		1d4 days		1 Dex and 1 Con		1d2 Dex and 1d2 Con*
Salmonellosis		Ingested DC 13		1 day			1 Str and 1 Dex		1 Str and 1d3 Dex
*If damage is sustained, make a second saving throw to avoid 1 point being permanently drained (instead of damaged).

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
For the entries that state "Same as either the base creature or base undead", does that mean "pick one" or that we need to address it and tie it down to one?

Remove ads