D&D 3E/3.5 Creature Catalog 3.5 Overhaul Project

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
It's pretty vague, but I'd say 3d8 damage, up to 120 feet. Just off the top of my head, but it sounds like a fairly logical scale-up/down from the gerivar. Besides, the average of 3d8 is fairly close to that of 5d4 (13.5 and 12.5, respectively), and the 3d8 more accurately reflects the size increase rules as written.

Demiurge out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Okie dokie. :) how is it now?

Boulder Smash (Ex): An APE can throw a Large boulder (10 ft. by 10 ft.), potentially hitting or dispersing multiple targets, at a range increment of 120 feet. To throw a boulder, an APE must target a 10-foot-square area and hit AC 15. A success means that everyone in the target area must make a Reflex save (DC = APE's attack roll) or move 5 feet backward. If a creature or object in the target area is incapable of movement, it takes 3d8+10 points of damage.

Shouldn’t the damage be taken if the creature fails its save? I don’t know if it explicitly states that as is.

Filby said:
By the way, what's the jor's bonus languages? It doesn't have any listed.

BOZ said:
don’t know – as orcs? Plus Draconic for their (hostile) dealings with lizardfolk?

maybe take some of those off since these orcs only live in the swamp?

- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
Okie dokie. :) how is it now?

Boulder Smash (Ex): An APE can throw a Large boulder (10 ft. by 10 ft.), potentially hitting or dispersing multiple targets, at a range increment of 120 feet. To throw a boulder, an APE must target a 10-foot-square area and hit AC 15. A success means that everyone in the target area must make a Reflex save (DC = APE's attack roll) or move 5 feet backward. If a creature or object in the target area is incapable of movement, it takes 3d8+10 points of damage.

Shouldn’t the damage be taken if the creature fails its save? I don’t know if it explicitly states that as is.

I think if they make the save, they take no damage, and if they fail, they are either forced back or take the damage. Kinda like a blade barrier springing up in your space. If you'd like to revise it to deal damage on a failed save and move out on a success, that's fine with me.

BOZ said:
maybe take some of those off since these orcs only live in the swamp?

- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.

I'd ditch Dwarven, Gnoll, and Goblin, since none of these are typically found in swamps.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
I think if they make the save, they take no damage, and if they fail, they are either forced back or take the damage. Kinda like a blade barrier springing up in your space. If you'd like to revise it to deal damage on a failed save and move out on a success, that's fine with me.

how about this instead?

Boulder Smash (Ex): An APE can throw a Large boulder (10 ft. by 10 ft.), potentially hitting or dispersing multiple targets, at a range increment of 120 feet. To throw a boulder, an APE must target a 10-foot-square area and hit AC 15. A success means that creatures and objects in the target area must make a Reflex save (DC = APE's attack roll) or take 3d8+10 points of damage. If a creature in the target area succeeds on the save, it moves 5 feet backward or to the side, though if it cannot move out of the area it takes half damage.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Woo-hoo! These guys have gotten a significant power-up with revision. :D

Add darkvision 60 ft. (or more) and low-light vision to SQ lines.

Suggested Feats (APE): Alertness, Awesome Blow, Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Multiattack, Power Attack, Snatch.

Suggested Feats (Oonga): Alertness, Awesome Blow, Cleave, Great Cleave, Epic Prowess, Epic Sunder, Epic Toughness, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Multiattack, Power Attack, Snatch.

Skills (APE): Jump +14 (+18 gallop)
Skills (Oonga): Jump +20 (+24 gallop)

Add to flavor text that greatclub sized for a Huge creature deals 3d8 damage.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Woo-hoo! These guys have gotten a significant power-up with revision. :D

it happens sometimes. :) there was some neat stuff they had that got left out.

as for skills, they also get a +8 bonus for Climb speed, and of course they both have Alertness. The lesser apes should have 21 skill points, and Oonga should have 39. how about dividing those ranks evenly between Climb, Listen, and Spot?

Remove ads