• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Collection II

Hey Garnfellow! :)

Garnfellow said:
Does anyone know which designer contributed what monsters to this book? I'm curious, for example, which ones Mike Mearls added.

Don't know which ones Mike had in there, but I had seven monsters published in that book:

Daemon, Moon (they changed my initial concept which actually had a woman's torso growing out of the top of the creatures head)
Devil, Iron
Dragon, Slarecian
Elder Larva
Mirror Fiend
Naga, Crown (they changed the initial concept which was a 9-headed naga ruler - hence the name Crown Naga, and used the stats for another monster I submitted called a Devil Naga, which was an amphisbaena type naga)
Naga, Hollow

I can sort of understand the change to the Crown Naga, because it was a CR 25 super monster, which would have made it a mover and shaker of sorts and may have upset where they wanted to go with regards Mormo's followers. But I totally don't understand the changes to the Moon Daemon. It went from being an interesting monster to a meat and potatoes werewolf clone.

Moorcrys

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Garnfellow! :)

Don't know which ones Mike had in there, but I had seven monsters published in that book:

Daemon, Moon (they changed my initial concept which actually had a woman's torso growing out of the top of the creatures head)
Devil, Iron
Dragon, Slarecian
Elder Larva
Mirror Fiend
Naga, Crown (they changed the initial concept which was a 9-headed naga ruler - hence the name Crown Naga, and used the stats for another monster I submitted called a Devil Naga, which was an amphisbaena type naga)
Naga, Hollow

I can sort of understand the change to the Crown Naga, because it was a CR 25 super monster, which would have made it a mover and shaker of sorts and may have upset where they wanted to go with regards Mormo's followers. But I totally don't understand the changes to the Moon Daemon. It went from being an interesting monster to a meat and potatoes werewolf clone.

Yeah my Dreamwraith made it in, but its special abilities were 'genericized' quite a bit. It's been years so I don't remember the specifics.

Gez

First Post
I had three monsters published, the Ashcloud, the Dragavial, and the Fireglare Dragon. I think the Ashcloud was in CC2, and the two others in what would have been CC3 but ended up something else.

I think Nightfall submitted the boarlike fiend, and maybe something else too, I don't really remember.

As for the Moon Daemon, I think they were afraid it would have been two weird. :)

Nookie

Explorer
Blood Reaper (was origonaly a type of demon who could ignight your blood and bur you out)
Belsmeth Spider(vangaul spider origonaly, spies for vangual)
dark womb (not a corpulent thing nor a hag, was a comely woman\queen termite centaur type thing similar in mechanics to the book version)

Remove ads