• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crimson Tide- Silver Marshes Campaign

Crimson Tide

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
"Yes sir, I understand. But I have been meaning to take some time in the country. This should fit the bill nicely" Dorn answers with a grin while locking eyes with Sir Alathar.

"I will make sure that your leave does not count against you during your trip upcountry Sergeant, but more than that I can not promise."

Before Sir Alathar is able to say more, the interior door to the church opens and a young man garbed in the robes of an acolyte sticks his head into the small waiting room where you all are.

"The High Priestess is ready when you are Sir Alathar."

Nodding his head at the messanger, Sir Alathar waits until the young man closes the door before addressing you all once again.

"For those who have pledged their service enter into the heart of the temple and I will join you there in a moment."

Crimson Tide

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
Jack looks down at his feet and mumbles, barely audible.

"Right, right. Help out Quaervarr. Will do commander."

Sir Alathar's eyes hardened momentarily as he looked down towards the armored gnome after the acolyte had left them.

"While all appreciate the zeal in which you approach your calling Mister Grimble, I was the most hesitant about including you in this matter. I know your craft is most often practiced solo, but for you to succeed you must be able to function as a member of a team. However, I have no doubt that you will be an asset to those you will be traveling with."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
With his right eye twitching and blood rushing to his face, Jack, avoiding the eyes of Sir Alathar says
"Um...sir, what I um...meant, er, what I said...I guess was...if there's trouble in Quaervarr point me in that direction and trouble will be sorry is all, I did. All I meant I mean. I'll work with the team."

He pauses for a moment and gestures toward the doors where the acolyte was standing

"So um-big meeting sir...shall we?"

gabrion

First Post
Crimson Tide said:
"Songmaster Thrivvin speaks highly of you Stormbard Lance, but while we respect his voice and vote, it was another that swayed the Court to summon you."

Lance is immediately curious upon hearing this, but before he has time to ask what the commander is talking about the acolyte enters and informs them that the High Priestess is ready for them. "We ought not make her wait." At this his smile, which hasn't left his face since you first saw him, is replaced by a serious, almost grim look.

As he strides toward the heart of the temple Lance is surrounded by a somber aura; clearly he respects the sanctity of this place. More than that, his eyes give away a truth, that by walking forward now this gentle looking bard is making a pledge, and far be it from anyone to keep him from fulfilling it.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Dorn Grimaxe - Dwarven Ranger/Fighter

Glancing from one to the other before settling on the visage of Sir Alathar. "I think he has the right idea, sir. It would probably be best not to keep the High Priestess waiting."

wgreen

First Post
Rhaine stands quietly, nervously glancing at her companions. Two gnomes, one strangely primitive-looking, the other unnervingly feral. A human with a quick smile -- is that one of my family's tunics? she asks herself, finding the raiment oddly familiar-looking. And then, there is the machyna, the strange man with metal skin and wooden bones; she does her best not to stare, and softly takes a step or two away from it -- him? -- and toward the human. She smiles at Dorn across the way -- at least she isn't all alone in this.

I can't imagine what the High Priestess thinks I can do, Rhaine thinks. Watching the others enter the double doors leading to the temple's heart, she says quietly, "But if people need help..." With that, she follows.

Last edited:

Prof Yeti

First Post
Dorn Grimaxe - Dwarven Ranger/Fighter

"Well the others would have been asked here if they weren't trusted and needed. But I'll feel better knowing Rhaine will have my back." and with the thought a small smile develops on the dwarves face. "Oh well, I have a feeling we shall be tested soon enough!" and with that a grin with a decidedly predatory look grows.

Harvey

First Post
Hammer, Gondsforged Cleric

Hammer watches in silence as the others exchange words. He stands so perfectly stil that some in the party might mistake him for a statue had he not already spoken. When he notices the elf staring at him, he turns his head and gives her a smile. While Rhaine gets the sense it is genuine, she can also tell that it has been practiced many times before.

Hammer waits until the others begin walking, and falls in behind them, as they enter the Temple. He shows all reverence to the temple and those that are found within.

OOC: Knowledge (religion) = 20. What does Hammer know about Selune? Alignment? Portfolio? He would want to know what things those that worship Selune might find offensive, so as not to be ignorant.

Last edited:

Remove ads