Critical Role Critical Role: Amazon Orders 2 Seasons Of The Legend Of Vox Machina

Amazon has ordered two seasons of the Critical Role animated show, The Legend of Vox Machina! This is the show that was Kickstarted for about $10M last year.

lvm.jpg

Originally, 10 episodes were planned from the massive Kickstarter. Amazon has ordered 14 more, to make 24 total, aimed at late 2020.

Amazon owns Twitch, on which Critical Role made its name.

Kickstarter backers will still get the first look at the show, and will be able to access the first season for free.

Here's CR's own announcement:

Hello, bees!

We slyly hinted towards sharing some really big news and today is the big day!

Our friends at Amazon have partnered with us to broadcast Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machinaexclusively on Amazon Prime Video! And that’s not all… This partnership has allowed us to create TWO ENTIRE SEASONS and an additional TWO episodes per season. That’s a total of 24 episodes of animated Vox Machina goodness that we cannot wait to share with you.

What’s more, Amazon is throwing their support behind the show, allowing us to improve on the quality of the animation, the score, the special effects – you name it. And with 24 episodes to play with, instead of just 10, we’ll not only complete the entire Briarwood storyline in the animated series, but we’ll forge ahead into other classic Vox Machina story arcs as well!

Our lovely Kickstarter backers (hey, that’s YOU!) will still have an opportunity to watch the two-part special that kicks off the series before anyone else AND because you’re a backer, you'll be able to access the first season for free. We’re still working out all of the logistical details and should have an update around how all of this will work in late 2020.

We also announced a few more key players on our creative team, each mega-talented in their craft:
  • Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Liam O’Brien, Matthew Mercer, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, and Travis Willingham (executive producers): Along with stepping back into their roles as the voices of Vox Machina, our cast will also serve as executive producers of the animated series.
  • Brandon Auman (executive producer): You may know Brandon as the executive producer of Star Wars Resistance and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as well as his writing on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Blade Runner: Black Lotus.
  • Chris Prynoski (executive producer, Titmouse): Chris is pretty much the guy that makes all the Titmouse magic happen and has played a major role in a bunch of cool animated projects, like Big Mouth, Niko and the Sword of Light, Tigtoneand The Venture Brothers.
  • Sung Jin Ahn (supervising director): Sung Jin is an Emmy-Award nominated director and has worked alongside Chris as the director for Niko and the Sword of Light, as well as other incredible projects like Motorcity and TRON: Uprising.
Our crazy little show was born on Twitch and we’re absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to continue to grow and develop deeper roots within the Amazon ecosphere.

We love you all very much and… Is it Thursday yet?

<3

Critical Role

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
The tweet and article have been taken down. So here are some screen caps!
90B4048E-0AE7-46D9-9681-D630095F24D7.jpeg

Attachments

• CF9D0E66-880E-4922-8101-C0772D8FB591.jpeg
    CF9D0E66-880E-4922-8101-C0772D8FB591.jpeg
    633.5 KB · Views: 355

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Anything promised on the KS should still get delivered, I'd think? Also, I'm not clear if Amazon is paying for the first 10 or if they've only made a distribution deal on the first ten, anda re paying for the second set of 14 episodes.

When will they sell the action figures? X-D

I wonder the Role-Live-Play Game Shows will be the platform for thoses who want to start a career in Hollywood as scripters or actors from zero. As web series would need a really low budget, even it could be made by amateur streaming youtubers. And some game-live shows could be with children, but I don't advice it without help of profesional educators.

Also I imagine the future of this shows with a virtual board-game, and then we will not see the players' face but the characters in the screen of the "videogame", a 3d Virtual Tabletop game as the project Talespire.

* Do you think other groups could follow the same steps?

Matchstick

Adventurer
I wonder that the Kickstarter update says it's "exclusive" to Amazon, but there are places and backers that don't have access to Amazon Prime.

"Our friends at Amazon have partnered with us to broadcast Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina exclusively on Amazon Prime Video! "

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wonder that the Kickstarter update says it's "exclusive" to Amazon, but there are places and backers that don't have access to Amazon Prime.

"Our friends at Amazon have partnered with us to broadcast Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina exclusively on Amazon Prime Video! "

They specify that there will be options for backers to see the show, at least for some period of time.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases