• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Criticalling on a nondamaging attack - need feedback

Gaiden

Explorer
I am wondering how my fellow DM's would rule on this issue. Lets say that a PC rolls a critical (confirmed threat) on a trip, assist, grapple, etc. I am thinking, that to consider the critical I ought to double the bonuses to the next role. A trip for example would allow the combatant to double his Str, an assist would give +4 instead of +2 to ally's attack or AC. For a grapple, I am thinking of just doubling the Str bonus (not the BAB).

Does this sound reasonable?

Last edited:

Magnus

First Post
Gaiden said:
I am wondering how my fellow DM's would rule on this issue. Lets say that a PC rolls a critical (confirmed threat) on a trip, assist, grapple, etc. I am thinking, that to consider the critical I ought to double the bonuses to the next role. A trip for example would allow the combatant to double his Str, an assist would give +4 instead of +2 to ally's attack or AC. For a grapple, I am thinking of just doubling the Str bonus (not the BAB).

Does this sound reasonable?

personally, tho i'm not a DM, i like the idea. perhaps not refering to it as a critical, but as an expertly executed action.

Remove ads