Criticalling on a nondamaging attack - need feedback

Gaiden

Explorer
I am wondering how my fellow DM's would rule on this issue. Lets say that a PC rolls a critical (confirmed threat) on a trip, assist, grapple, etc. I am thinking, that to consider the critical I ought to double the bonuses to the next role. A trip for example would allow the combatant to double his Str, an assist would give +4 instead of +2 to ally's attack or AC. For a grapple, I am thinking of just doubling the Str bonus (not the BAB).

Does this sound reasonable?

Last edited:

Magnus

First Post
Gaiden said:
I am wondering how my fellow DM's would rule on this issue. Lets say that a PC rolls a critical (confirmed threat) on a trip, assist, grapple, etc. I am thinking, that to consider the critical I ought to double the bonuses to the next role. A trip for example would allow the combatant to double his Str, an assist would give +4 instead of +2 to ally's attack or AC. For a grapple, I am thinking of just doubling the Str bonus (not the BAB).

Does this sound reasonable?

personally, tho i'm not a DM, i like the idea. perhaps not refering to it as a critical, but as an expertly executed action.

Remove ads